Ersky01

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
cre8tiveleo

Ersky01

Post by cre8tiveleo »

So it was a beautiful day today, so I took a nice slow drive up to...

Where I met Brent, one very cool and generous person, we chatted, had beer *hic* and another.. some awesome BBQ Shrimp and pork roast, and I went home.

AAwesome food, great chatting with you Brent.

Oh yea...

And thanks for the package.

Very well packed, in a box, secure,

Light weight, nice...

Anti-static bubble protection, nice, very nice.

oooo.. what's this...

A thing of BEAUTY! The First B rev of the Beta Boards.

SD slot, Usb interface, programming it is very nice, love the message when it goes into usb programming mode.
Brent had to run a jumper so my pizio speaker mod would work, the sound chip(s) on the board are totally functional, and, yes.. it was plural.. TWO... so this board is totally capable of speech. yes.. speech. No need for an addon mp3 board.. it's already built in. Just needs some programming.

It's a beauty... Brent, again, an amazing job! Big pat on the back, and for all the others who are waiting for their Beta boards.. they are being completed, tested.

Cheers.

cre8tiveleo

Re: Ersky01

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Did I mention the Audio jack for headphones?

Or the telemetry jack, internal and external..

The secondary processor for an additional.. what.. 12 inputs or outputs???

Yup, two processors... gak...
Mechcondrid

Post by Mechcondrid »

OMGWTFBBQ?!
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

BBQ is extra.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

But it's so delicious, it's priceless!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

cre8tiveleo wrote:Brent had to run a jumper so my pizio speaker mod would work, the sound chip(s) on the board are totally functional, and, yes.. it was plural.. TWO... so this board is totally capable of speech. yes.. speech. No need for an addon mp3 board.. it's already built in. Just needs some programming.
I must admit I haven't noticed a second sound chip! The jumper is to link to the stock beeper. The same signal can drive a piezo speaker if you have that mod done, but needs some software to drive it, not written yet. Speech is going to need the SD card running to store the audio. I still need to test that, the prototype board didn't have the SD card interface. It is about the only hardware that is not yet tested.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

may be my interpretation of two dacs is wrong , I dunno... it's like christmas, a new toy, all excited. :)

I've got a beta board, I'm a new guinea pig. Just need to get the flashing utility. and the board installed, and you can feed me stuff to test. my bt boards should arrive in the next week, so I can test that too ... :geek:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I you PM...thats O SOME!

So where are we as far having FW to fire them up?

I'm not pushing, I'm just curious.

And Leo, you hit the nail on the head...it is for sure like Xmas day! I remember me and brother tearing into every single preasent and have c**p from all them laying all over the livingroom floor jumbled up in a matter of minutes.

Again guys...like wow!
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Right now it's a clone of er9x, still has some work, hence the beta boards being distributed. Slowly, but for surely. Talking with Brent was great, this board has sooo much potential.

Built in usb programmer... the bt option, wifi capabilities too. Yup. the limits on this board, are endless. and MORE MEMORY!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I love the fact that this forum is alowing people from all over the place to even meet up in person for lunch! Nice :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

@Reacher10:
I've written drivers for most of the new hardware, and combined them with the standard er9x code. It is working, I have actually flown indoor models with it! PPM, PXX and DSM all included.
The audio is just the stock beeper. The audio hardware is tested and working, but needs the audio code moving over with some changes to use the new hardware.
The EEPROM storage is a copy of the existing er9x, just 2K EEPROM. I have, however, nearly finished a new EEPROM system that allows 4K for each model. Its running alongside the er9x emulation, writing all the information to both systems, and reading the general radio configuration from the new system. I may get it finished today or tomorrow.
The FrSky telemetry is not yet included, but should not take long to put in, just add the code, and connect it to the serial port. It may take a little longer as we should be able to have all the code for all options included, and just have an option to select which is run. We should not need several different builds to choose from.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

That sounds great. I have two radio's, one set up for Frsky and so I'll put the board in the other radio.
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Holy smokes eh?! Just realized where you guys are! I'm just around the corner!
Put me on the pre-order list and I'll bring SkyNorth enough BBQ and woobly pops to last, well an afternoon ;)
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.
cre8tiveleo

Ersky01

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Lived in Keswick for over 13yrs when I was growing up. Was a member of the keswick club @15, knew Dan Copeland (rip).
Should do a bbq for the er enthusiasts of the southern ontario folk!

Mmmmm... Bbq!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cznb50
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

I just joined the keswick club last year, I'm affraid I didn't get to meet Dan. KMAC is having a big event in April, Maidenfest. http://mf2012.markhamweb.ca/

Well, atleast I know that when a board is available I can do a pick up and save the shipping cost (but more importantly time).
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”