Bluetooth audio?

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
ShowMaster

Bluetooth audio?

Post by ShowMaster »

This is for any version board or FW that supports speaker audio.
I was at a local hobby shop today showing off, in this case, my talking sky board. One person reminded me of how much he hated hearing all that from a flyers tx at our local field. Luckily it wasn't me but it was a member here and a friend I got started in the er9x mods.
So I thanked him for his comments and hit the road
It came to me that the next big contribution to the talking 9x, and talking sky board would be a Bluetooth audio interface to an earpiece if possible.
The sky board has the BT data interface but that's as far as it goes.
You can wear a wired earpiece but that's a bother.

So maybe it's time to try and add a wireless audio interface of some kind to all our talking TXs.
It would be great if it would interface with current BT earpieces on the market.
Hitec has a speaker audio system that may also disturb flyers close bye.

Anyone have BT audio info to share?
I like the verbal warnings and data announcements.
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

kaos

Re: Bluetooth audio?

Post by kaos »

BT audio to ear piece is a good idea. I like that.
It does not bother me much using the wired ear phone, it sounds much better/clearer to me any way than the spker in the field.
But a BT/wireless audio does help to reduce the wires for FPV for sure.

May be Bert can help. Mike is way overloaded. ;)
I would think pass the audio signal to BT should not be that difficult, just need a place to activate /deactivate the feature (from spker/wired earphone).
The issue i see is if someone is using BT to android device for telemetry / GPS/google map while using the audio to BT earphone.
sgofferj

Post by sgofferj »

I'm pretty sure, I have seen BT audio modules on dx.com and on eBay when I was researching something else. They usually just need 5V and have an audio in and an audio out at line level.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The problem is that it's a bit more complicated than this - yes the hardware part is simple, just hook the audio to the module, but then the not so fun part is that you need to add a bluetooth settings menu in the radio where you can handle discovery and pairing to find your BT earpiece and pair with it.
kaos

Post by kaos »

what is the difference pairing with an android and the BT ear piece?
Ah, in android , there is a place to detect the BT from Tx and set it up in android. But BT earpiece you can't set it from earpiece, has to be done by the BT in Tx.
I don't know how complicated that is to program, but 'by instinct' ;) it should not be that complicated (alwasy easier to say than done, like everything else ;) ). I guess it is all depends on how many people think this is a useful thing to do to be worth while.

HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I imagine the pairing is easy... The protocol to stream the audio from the day to the bluetooth may be a rather complex issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Rob Thomson wrote: The protocol to stream the audio from the day to the bluetooth may be a rather complex issue.
From the "day"? ;)

Many Bluetooth modules have a simple analog audio input, so all you have to do is connect that to the current audio output, or (for sky9x board) to the 2nd one that's been added just for that.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Easy then :)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yeah, "just" the menu entries and potential commands needed to be sent to the module to discover devices, pair, start the audio connection,... which of course will be different for each module type etc...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I have a audio bluetooth system from sony for quite a few years. It's broken now (not surprised). AFAIK no software needed for pairing.. just a button..
Another problem is that whwen you're using the audio, you can't use the bluetooth for anything else..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

jhsa wrote: Another problem is that whwen you're using the audio, you can't use the bluetooth for anything else..
João
that is the tricky part I think. If we want to use the sky9x voice (telemetry and background music) and simultaneously if some one wants to use BT with something like the FRS logger to over lay GPS data with google earth. ;)
Two BT modules? Sky9x board should be able to do that.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As HC1969 suggested - just plug one of these in the headphones jack ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBluon-Bluetoot ... 35c1a0d975
kaos

Post by kaos »

that only adds to more wires or boxes. The goal is trying to eleiminate outside wires/boxes. ;)
or you are saying using the BT for telemetry/music and add the ebay box to the headphone jack? The I would rather add another BT in the Tx. cheaper too. ;)
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Kilrah wrote:As HC1969 suggested - just plug one of these in the headphones jack ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBluon-Bluetoot ... 35c1a0d975
Thanks
Keep the wireless ideas coming,
Just because I don't know.
Will this bind to a BT earpiece? Never owned one to know how it's done.
Will it mess with our Frsky telemetry? I guess not because the sky boards data BT doesn't?
I did find in my electronic parts box an over the ear single mini earphone to try.
It's a security grade device.
I just hate straps and wiring around propellers.
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Return to “Hardware Mods”