FrSky DIY and FLD-02

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
Hoovernaut

FrSky DIY and FLD-02

Post by Hoovernaut »

Hi @ all!

I am new in this forum. I am silent readerin the background. Thanks to this forum and the code page, I have successfully updated my 9x to the haptic mod, which is great!

Bu now to my matter of concern:
I am planning now to change from the standard Turnigy RF-module to FrSky with telemtrie.
I would prefer the solution with DIY module from HK. I don't need to display the values in the screen of the 9x, so I am wondering if the FLD-02 Screen is compatible to the DIY DHT Kit.
I have the trainer mod with the 1kOhm resistor. Is this a problem? (BTW. I have read that this isnt' any longer necessary due to a solution in the firmware of er9x. I this true? I haven't found it)

And an additional question:
What when I want to use some of my models with the old Turnigy module and some with new FrSky. Is it possible to insert a switch or something to swap between both modules? Or is this not recommended at all and not practicable?

Thanks for every help inc advance!

Hoovernaut
Turnigy 9X with er9x, FrSky DHT DIY, Haptic mod, Smatiparts board with backlight, Smartiparts TelemtrEZ board, Painted white, Flying with Mode 2

Crucial

Re: FrSky DIY and FLD-02

Post by Crucial »

Yes the resistor mod is no longer needed. There is a fix implemented in the later firmwares.

There shouldn't be a problem with installing a switch to change between modules. You can use a DPDT switch that switches both the 5V and the PPM line. This will eliminate the power draw on the unused module and make sure the ppm signal is only going to the used module.

I can't answer your question on the use of the fld-02 with the DIY module.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The FLD-02 works fine with the DIY. I set up an old Futaba this way. The only thing is, if you want to disconnect the FLD you will either need to open the radio or install a separate connector somewhere that you can get to it.
-Gohst
Hoovernaut

Post by Hoovernaut »

Okay, thank for your replys. Therewith I am one step beyond.

The solution with the DPDT switch sounds very good. Which firmware would I have to install for this "double" solution?
And what to do with the second antenna? Do you think it is possible to put the second antenna in the same antenna cover, but each with its own connection fitting?

BTW: For the trainer mod fix, can I now remove the 1kOhm resistor with the newer firmware and close (solder) the cutted track?

Hoovernaut
Turnigy 9X with er9x, FrSky DHT DIY, Haptic mod, Smatiparts board with backlight, Smartiparts TelemtrEZ board, Painted white, Flying with Mode 2
Hoovernaut

Post by Hoovernaut »

Okay, I have now decided to operate only with FrSky and kick off my Turnigy receivers. When I use the external FLD-02, which firmware have I to install? The "standard" one which I have today, or the FrSky-one? Note: I have not modded the pins and don't want the telemetry on the 9x display.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Standard.

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”