9XR Pro won't connect to computer

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Suncoaster

9XR Pro won't connect to computer

Post by Suncoaster »

I am using the latest test firmware dated 23rd August and no matter what I try I cannot get the Tx to connect to my computer using both Linux or Windows. :( I get the Connecting message but it never connects to the computer. How should this be done, :?: I tried the procedure outlined in the documentation but it did not work. I have been using the sneaker net procedure, removing the SD card and inserting it into the card reader on my computer and copying the files to it and then re-inserting it into the TX. When I update the firmware do I need to update the bootloader at the same time, I am running ver 1.3 of the bootloader. :?:

David

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XR Pro won't connect to computer

Post by MikeB »

I assume you don't hear the 'USB CONNECTING" sound on the PC when you plug in?
You may well have done so, but the first stop is to try another USB cable. It is known that there are cables around, that are used for charging devices, that only have the power and ground connected, no data.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Third time is a charm. I had already tried two different data cables that were working on external usb drives but would not work on the Tx. I just tried another cable and hey presto all connected. :oops: I still don't understand it as the other two cables work on the drives but not the TX. Oh well I have one that works so that is the main thing. The other part of my question was about the boot loader do I need to update this each time I update the formware. :?:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No need to update the bootloader unless there is a specific upgrade providing some new feature announced.

The only change has been to allow you to plug the USB cable in first, then switch on. This will run the bootloader now.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No. Only when a new version of the bootloader comes out. The latest version that you can find with the latest test versions (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) makes it even easier to connect the radio to the computer, as you don't need to press and hold the trims while turning the tx on anymore.. just connect the USB cable and turn the tx on. The radio should now start in bootloader mode and connect to the computer immediately. .

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi,
Im having trouble flashing the latest firmware in my 9XRpro. Also im having trouble restoring eprom, since somehow, after some failed flashes i lost the settings. So i decided to try the r212 test file, aparently everything went fine, only now, when i try to change a model name, when i press the menu key the "easy start" voice file is played. I dont know if this is a bug from the test file itself or my 9XR(not so)pro is going lunatic.
Helping hand needed.. :?
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

did you change the voice pack in the sd card? HK messed up the voice files.. here, try this one..

openrcforums.com/forum/download/file.php?id=8294

Easystar is the name of an example model.. it's file number 0260. from 260 on you have the model names.. Have a look at the .doc file that comes with the voice pack in the link I just posted..
Why couldn't you flash the radio? which error?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

jhsa wrote:did you change the voice pack in the sd card? HK messed up the voice files.. here, try this one..

openrcforums.com/forum/download/file.php?id=8294

Easystar is the name of an example model.. it's file number 0260. from 260 on you have the model names.. Have a look at the .doc file that comes with the voice pack in the link I just posted..
Why couldn't you flash the radio? which error?

João
The problem is that when i press the menu key, to start editing the model name, the sound file is played. Odd, dont you think?
This didnt happened before, so in order to exclude odds, i would like to know if this is a bug or not.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

wait a second, the model name or the sound file name? :o

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

jhsa wrote:wait a second, the model name or the sound file name? :o
The sound file with the model name, so for example, when i press the menu key, easystar is played and the letter doesnt change. I press again, to attempt changing and again its played. So i can change the letters i have to keep pressing the menu key all the time. Damn, this has to be wrong. :?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

wait, let me check mine..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, under the model name you have "voice", right? Is this field you're trying to edit?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

jhsa wrote:So, under the model name you have "voice", right? Is this field you're trying to edit?

João
No man, when i try to edit the model name. So you highlight the model name and press menu so you can edit the name. When you press menu, is the sound "easystar" played?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

GajiraChongChong wrote:
jhsa wrote:So, under the model name you have "voice", right? Is this field you're trying to edit?

João
No man, when i try to edit the model name. So you highlight the model name and press menu so you can edit the name. When you press menu, is the sound "easystar" played?
No, the letter starts flashing..And then I use left or right key to change the letter.then press menu and can move to the next letter..
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

jhsa wrote:
GajiraChongChong wrote:

João
No, the letter starts flashing..And then I use left or right key to change the letter.then press menu and can move to the next letter..
João
Mine is definetly weird.
i tried flashing both by bootloader or eepskye, damn.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm guessing you are loading the firmware from the "ersky9xr test versions" post.
Try a later version from this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894.
I fixed a "model name editing bug" on the 15th Sep.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll update the "ersky9xr test versions" post to take you to theis other post.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:I'm guessing you are loading the firmware from the "ersky9xr test versions" post.
Try a later version from this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894.
I fixed a "model name editing bug" on the 15th Sep.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll update the "ersky9xr test versions" post to take you to theis other post.

Mike.
Right, thank god it was a bug, i thought i would have to send the tx for rma.
gladly, João gave a great deal of help, by sending the link to the ersky9x files and it was solved.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

MikeB wrote:I assume you don't hear the 'USB CONNECTING" sound on the PC when you plug in?
You may well have done so, but the first stop is to try another USB cable. It is known that there are cables around, that are used for charging devices, that only have the power and ground connected, no data.

Mike.
I hear the connecting sound, and have used the same cable for putting on a previous test version, but I'm stuck now, I see USB on my TX screen, but can't find the sd card anywhere on my PC.. now what???
Wim
Belgium
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You are in SAM-BA boot mode if you see USB.
You need the firmware bootloader. Hold both horizontal trims towards the center, then switch on. YOu should see a screen showing BOOTLOADER on it. Now plug in the USB cable. You should now get 2 disc drives appear on your computer, one is the SD card, the other is the firmware and EEPROM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

Thanks, thought I tried that, anyway, it worked now...( I see I was the first to download the latest test version, hehe)this time I flashed it from the SD card, worked correctly
What does the "Jap/Eur/...>>> setting mean?
Wim
Belgium
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think it sets a limit on the power output and/or a limit on the channels used.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Loten

Post by Loten »

Looks like the thread is old, but I need help with my radio. I have tried without any luck to connect my 9xr Pro to my computers. Tried with different cords, different computers and no luck. My best connection yet was that it loaded two out of three drivers successfully but the third didn't load. So it doesn't show up on the computer as anything, then the screen on the radio goes to USB. To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement. If I pull out the card and flash new firmware then reinsert will that fix or even help? Any other tricks would be greatly appreciated. This all stems from the fact that I can't get channel five to go on the three position switch to fly my drone. It is a quanum. Please help. Thanks.
donohue100

Post by donohue100 »

are you pushing the two bottom trim switches into the middle while turning it on?

Return to “ersky9xr”