9XR PCB Print Error

Hardware Support for the 9XR
midge5

9XR PCB Print Error

Post by midge5 »

Hi, I have embarked on drawing a circuit diagram from tracing the 9XR PCB as I have never been able to find it online, I am 90% there ;-) and by tracing tracks and components noticed a fault in the PCB manufacture, one of the pad's of C43 on the P033A_B version of the board is not connected at all, the capacitor is there but the trace has missed being connected to ground during manufacture and I just thought i'd share this with the community incase there is anyone that has been having possible issues, but I guess it will make little difference as its across a supply rail and there are various other capacitors in the line that may make its purpose perhaps irrelevant, anyone have any thoughts on on it? does your PCB perhaps have the same issue?

Don't go taking your 9XR apart though just to find out, if its causing no issues then why bother :|

I am building my own transmitter using bits and pieces I have laying around and purchased the 9XR board from HK on its own & thought a diagram would help, perhaps when its finished I may post the result.

The picture included here shows the error (capacitor removed for clarity)
Always willing to learn, though these days it takes alot. a very lonely old dog can indeed still learn new tricks (Just)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XR PCB Print Error

Post by MikeB »

It is only decoupling the transistor circuit that detects if power is applied to the RF module. The resulting signal determines if the radio is running normally, or is powered as a buddy box.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”