jittering servos

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
damo185

jittering servos

Post by damo185 »

Hi everyone, been some time since I had to visit the forum for some help.
So I have the turnigy 9x with the smarty pants mod and have flashed the tx with er9x firmware.
Everything was working great for about the last two years then this morning I went to power up a plane and all the servos were twitching badly and were all off centre.
I had changed nothing since last using the tx which was yesterday.
I have tried with all my other servos and recievers and even bound new ones and all are doing the same thing.
I have charged the battery pack in the tx and have tried using a stand alone rx battery pack as well as through a speed controller.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers Damo.

jhsa

Re: jittering servos

Post by jhsa »

A bit more info please.. what RF module and receivers are you using? Did you try also different models/receivers?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
damo185

Post by damo185 »

Hi, still using the standard turnigy module and hobby king receivers, I tried a couple of different models, I set up new models on the tx, deleted old ones, i tried some different 6 ch rx and 3 ch rx. all with the same result. do you think it might be a corrosion problem inside the tx. I live right on the coast and have noticed the switches on the tx are looking a little dull.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Can you borrow another RF module from a friend? Or does your radio have the antenna at the top and connected with a wire to the module?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

I would try the different module even with wire attached and see if there is difference .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill

Post by Bill »

If you think that corrosion may be involved check the pins on the module, unplug and re-plug it a few times to see if its a contact problem.
If it improves a smear of Vaseline on the contacts may prevent recurrence.
“A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest banker”
They used to say "if you don’t want to work at McDonald’s, go to college." Now they say "if you want to work at McDonald’s, go to college.”
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

I had a similar issue with my 9x last week. I powered it up after a week in the cupboard and the two aileron servos in the model both went to 45 degrees down when the stick was centred. All servos were jittering but elevator and rudder were around centre. The ESC didn't play it's startup song.

The aileron servos showed at centre in the servos screen and I had changed nothing since the last flight. There are no mixes or anything else that would account for this. OpenTx 2940 with FRSKY DIY module (so I can't try another) and a fully charged battery.

In the end I copied the setup to my Taranis and used that, the 9x went back in the cupboard.
damo185

Post by damo185 »

thanks everyone for your help, I decided I couldn't trust the 9x anymore and ordered a taranis

Return to “er9x”