does companion9x need samba

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
rperkins

does companion9x need samba

Post by rperkins »

ok I left the hyphen out cause the search on the forum doesnt work with the hyphen unless you search on sam\-

anyway

is samba needed on companion9x ?

If my research is correct it is only used on the sky boards.
does companion9x support the skyboards ?
does anyone use it in that manner ?
can I package companion9x without samba and 99% will be happy ?

I downloaded the binary only packages from atmel for samba.
I has some tcl8.4 tclx8.4 tk8.4 dependencies I'd rather avoid.

I dont have the hardware to test it. I am willing to package this at a later time if there is interest

note they also have released a 'patch_5' for samba 2.12 . Not sure if that is required or what.

Kilrah

Re: does companion9x need samba

Post by Kilrah »

Yes OpenTX/companion support the sky9x board and currently need SAM-BA to read/write flash and eeprom on it.

This will change when the bootloader is added as standard. Neither SAM-BA nor dfu-util will be needed anymore except to allow people who still have an old FW version to upgrade it to the new one with bootloader.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

thanks for the reply
Sounds like that bootloader is a good idea. For existing users it will be a one more and done kind of thing.

I do think I am going to move forward without the sky9x support for the time being until I gauge the need or at least get the current things working. I did get dfu-util compiled and it seems pretty straightforward, although I cant test that either.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kilrah wrote:
This will change when the bootloader is added as standard. Neither SAM-BA nor dfu-util will be needed anymore except to allow people who still have an old FW version to upgrade it to the new one with bootloader.
Or people that mess their radio up so much that need a reset :) Then is SAM-BA Time :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “companion9x”