Help with backup TX

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
jennifer6

Help with backup TX

Post by jennifer6 »

Hi, Have been using basic er9x with a 9x TX for some time now and am very happy.Currently R801.
However I decided to start using my second 9x which I originally had purchased for spares etc, when first starting with er9x, but never used.
Anyway, flashed same R801 Ok, then copied my epee file of 14 models onto it. But my second TX comes up with memory over warning.
For some reason in the second radio nearly all the models are using extra bits of memory.
could someone please tell me the correct method to duplicate a second tx. I'm fairly sure its not an electronic problem or fault, just operator error. Thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Help with backup TX

Post by MikeB »

Please post your EEPROM file.
Also, which version of eepe are you using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jennifer6

Post by jennifer6 »

Thanks for the quick response, Mike.This afternoon had a long play and discovered that the EPROM memory as downloaded from main radio and saved was ok, but when reopened to be burn to second radio increased in size drastically.Have been able to overcome the problem by using eepe for one radio and companion 9x for the other.
Probably need to check on versions etc before I get more egg on my face.Over the years changing computers has also made it more interesting to remember which it was last updated with.
It also did not appear to do a EPROM format, when first flashed.Will get back if stuck, thanks again.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Which version of eepe are you using? I just fixed a bug (fix in r385) that was causing .eepe files to load into eepe incorrectly.
Over time, I've made the model EEPROM storage become longer (more features). If not used the values are all 0 which compress into only a byte or two when stored on the EEPROM. Older .eepe files get automatically extended when loaded into eepe, but the bug meant instead of zeroes some random data was being added.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jennifer6

Post by jennifer6 »

Revision 381, Only updated a few months ago I think?
Only using vanilla er9x, m64
Will update eepe ASAP, Do you(Mike) Think it worthwhile to go above ER9X R801 considering very basic functions used.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If er9x is working for you, and doing everything you want then probably stay with r801.
I've recently (since r801) done a major change to how the stick mode works. This needed to be done as mixes changed when you changed stick mode before, or if you copied a model from a mode 1 Tx to a mode 2 Tx. This is now fixed, but there were a lot of changes and I'm still fixing one or two things I didn't catch when I did the change.
I think r805 (when it comes out) will have things sorted.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jennifer6

Post by jennifer6 »

Updated epee to 385 and all works fine, with second TX.
Which means now I can use it to update ER9X further up the track using the second TX as a trail with all same models loaded.
Cheers.

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”