Stick mode / Channel order in eePe

How to use eePe
ReSt

Stick mode / Channel order in eePe

Post by ReSt »

I downloaded a ".eepm" file from somebody.

Opening it in eePe, the assignment of the stick names to the channel mixes seems incorrect e.g ELE on the channel that obviously is the motor channel.

Questions:
Does a model file contain the information of stick mode and channel order (if not, shouldn't it) ?

How do I know (from the eepm file), which stick mode and which channel order the originator did use ?

How do I get the correct assignment of the channel names to the channel numbers, as changing the stick mode or the channel order when the model is loaded, or copying the model, seems not to change the assignments ?

Reinhard

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Stick mode / Channel order in eePe

Post by MikeB »

This is a known problem. For a long time, er9x ties a mix to a physical stick when the mix is created. This means that when you change the stick mode, or load the eepm file into eepe with a different stick mode, the mix names change.
AFAIK, the eepm file doesn't include the stick mode or channel order, these are part of the general settings.

The next er9x/eepe release will change this mix/mode mapping to solve this for the future, but I cannot fix the problem you have.
I have posted test versions of the new release if you want to test them. With these, changing the stick mode re-maps the sticks, and leaves the mixes fixed.

You could try loading the eepm file in one window, and then opening another window. Chnage the stick mode in the 'new' window then drag and drop the model from the first window.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Ok, so I know, it's not my 'fault' but works as designed.

Loading the file into one window and copying the model into another window with changed stick mode did not work.

Thanks

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just tried having two windows open, with the general settings having different stick modes. When I dragged a model from one to the other, the mix labels changed as I expected. Maybe post the eepm file.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You are right. It works as you say.
And I obviously did something wrong

Reinhard

Return to “eePe”