No telemetry info after installing telemetrEZ

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
agranum

No telemetry info after installing telemetrEZ

Post by agranum »

I just bought and finished installing the telemetrEZ board. I have the latest er9x FRSky firmware installed. Both of my FRSky module dip switches are set to off. And I am bound to the D8R-II Plus RX fine. But I get no telemetry info on the 9x telemetry screens. I have verified the FRSky connections to the telemetrEZ board. But now I'm stumped. And bummed out.

Is there a way that I can tell if the FRSky module is actually sending me telemetry info?

Is there a way to tell if the telemetrEZ board is sending info to the smatrieparts programming board?

I don't think I missed anything, but it has been quite the learning curve over the past 2 weeks.

I have no oscilloscope. Just a decent multimeter.

:evil:

ShowMaster

Re: No telemetry info after installing telemetrEZ

Post by ShowMaster »

Just a thought, are you using the TelemetrEZ version of the Frsky FW? It's different from the regular er9x Frsky version. There should be that option in eepe.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

SM: No, there isn't a special FrSky version for the TeZ board, just the standard FrSky version, it automatically detects the TeZ board and uses it.

1. Do the THR and AIL switches work?
2. Are you just looking for the A1 and A2 values? They will need to be configured in the Telemetry menu.
3. You should get RSSI and TSSI.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Sorry Mike, I didn't know about it being detected in the same FW. I guess that's obvious from my post.
agranum

Post by agranum »

So the anti-climactic, but happy, ending to this story is that it looks like one of the many connectors involved with installing the tez and sp2 boards was not seated correctly. Quick and helpful support from Steven at smartieparts to help me work through this. These are nice boards. I've made the convert from Spektrum and DSM2 over to the 9x with frsky and supporting mods. All in 2 weeks from ground zero on the knowledge curve. Wondering why i didn't do this sooner. This setup is powerful.

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”