Smart phone + 9x

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
Searchaus

Smart phone + 9x

Post by Searchaus »

Hi all,

I'm new here but I am toying with an idea which I believe the expert here can help explain the possibility.

I am I.T. Trained but had never done a proper I.T. Job so I cannot be trusted for for any I.T. Solutions, but I do have some I.T. Suggestions.

As per the topic title, we can see where I am coming from.

Advantage; the smart phones come with tons of hardwares and softwares (i.e. apps, gps, gyro)
If there is going to be a board developed to interface between the already very good 9x and the smart phones together with some apps developed for the smart phones (iPhone, Samsung s3) we will be a able to transform this tx to something greater.

1) we can get updates via, wifi, gsm, blue tooth whichever that I available via smart phone
2) we can develop apps for more features to be added to the tx
3) we can display fpv (live via wifi or gsm) on the smart phones
4) we can display telemetry on the smart phones via apps developed thus taking the stress on hardware from the tx

I believe that there should be many more advantages, now is just to see if anyone takes up this idea and develop for the good of all of us.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Smart phone + 9x

Post by Rob Thomson »

Some of this is already possible :)

Check the ersky9x threads.

The new board allows you Bluetooth, and an app already exists to control your frsky telemetry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”