Turnigy 9xr 128 flash

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Fw190

Turnigy 9xr 128 flash

Post by Fw190 »

Hi, New to this subject, got a used Turnigy 9xr with the 128 chip recently and after doing some reading and getting a 'USBasp' I tried to update the software on it and found opentx 2.2.1 would not load on it (board error) so tried opentx 2.1.9 and it is saying 'new firmware not compatible with installed' when I try to load it and internet searches are not turning up much useful info so wondered if anyone could help me.

Kilrah

Re: Turnigy 9xr 128 flash

Post by Kilrah »

It's comparing what's on right now and what you're going to load. If you're sure you downloaded the right firmware you can disable the hardware check.
Fw190

Re: Turnigy 9xr 128 flash

Post by Fw190 »

Been working away and just got back to this.
I am now getting a message saying:
"Invalid EEPROM file D:/Temp/Temp/7812-temp.hex" , "Possible causes for this: -Eeprom size is invalid -Eeprom file system is invalid."
I did wonder why it is using '/' in the path instead of '\'.
Currently on Companion 2.1.9 and I made some selections from the settings and it downloaded a file called "opentx-9xr128-frsky-heli-nosplash-DSM2-en-2.1.9.hex" wasn't sure if I needed to select they types of modules I might want to use.
I was not sure about disabling hardware check, just in case!

Return to “openTx”