How to get Battery Voltage on 9x

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Newcal

How to get Battery Voltage on 9x

Post by Newcal »

Hi eveyrone,

I mounted the excellent 9xtreme board this afternoon and everything works perfectly.

However, I would like to have the telemetry (Vbat or Vfas, A4, etc.) on my radio.

I have a turnigy 9x, a XJT module and a x4r receiver.

I plugged everything perfectly with smartport from x4r to Uart 2 on my SP3racing. (I did exactly the same with my other quad and my taranis). I configured telemetry under cleanflight. I set telemetry_inversion = 1 into the CLI (running BF 2.7.1).

With my taranis, I just had to click on "discover new sensor". How do I have to do to find this sensor with the 9xtreme board (ERSKY9X firmware (revision 218))?

Thank you ! :)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: How to get Battery Voltage on 9x

Post by MikeB »

Please confirm the following:
1. You wired the bottom pin of the module connector to the telemetry input on the 9Xtreme.
2. You have the protocol set to PXX, D16.
3. You are seeing a value for RSSI.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Newcal

Post by Newcal »

Hi Mike.

1. I knew that I had to plug this white and black wire (FrSky module connector cable)... I know where to plug it on the 9Xtreme but I don't know where on the module?
2. Where do I set this protocol? I guess in Protocol menu?
3. I didn't notice the value yet.

Edit : For 1. I've got my answer from you :

"For the XJT module the black wire goes to the SPort signal pin, the white wire is not needed. If you are only using the XJT module, then you may solder the black wire directly to pin 5 (bottom pin) of the module connector.
The white wire may be connected to to the +pin if plugging the two-pin connector in to the back of the XJT.

You could splice a 'Y' into the black wire and solder this to pin 5 of the module connector, then for the XJT you don't need to plug anythin in to it.

For the DJT module, the black wire goes to the Tx signal and the white wire goes to the Rx signal.

Mike."
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes that is the correct place for the black wire, then the protocol is set in the protocol menu as you say. Since you have a module in the module bay, this is the external module, so set the external module ON, and the protocol for it to PXX.
Then power the Rx on, holding the button in to bind it. You will find a BIND option in the protocol menu, just select this to bind to the Rx.
After binding, power the Rx off and on, and press the EXIT button on the Tx to leave bind mode.
Go back to the main screen, then down to the telemetry displays. You should see an RSSI value.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Newcal

Post by Newcal »

Hi Mike,

So I plugged the black wire to the smartport on the XJT module.

I have the RSSI signal but not the other sensors (Vbat).

Edit : I did what you said. I can hear the sound on when I lost connection between the radio and quad.

And now, where can I found the Vbat sensors?

Thank you :D

JS.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm not sure which telemetry value names cleanflight uses.
Go to the telemetry/custom menu (select the telemetry menu then custom from the popup).
You get 6 items that may be displayed (note there are two custom displays so 12 items in all).
Edit the items to choose what you want displayed, the battery voltage will likely be Vfas or Ctot.
When back on the telemetry display, use the LEFT and RIGHT buttons to move between the different telemetry displays.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”