graphical representation of mixer structure

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
KurtHarders

graphical representation of mixer structure

Post by KurtHarders »

Hello,
hoping not to having missed existing disussions ;) .
When programming my taranis tx i started to dream of a graphical representation of the mixer, switch, stick, slider... connections. I programmed such a GUI for my own (cancelled) tx project in Java and it was a great help understanding the programmed configuration.
Are there any plans or "hidden" projects working on this idea? If yes, plese point me to the project, if not, please give me some feedback on this idea.
Basically i think there might be a window in companion9x reflecting the changes in the mixer view in a graphical representation.
Regards, Kurt

jhsa

Re: graphical representation of mixer structure

Post by jhsa »

Did you try opening the simulator in companion? You can move the virtual sticks and see some bars representing the channels move.
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
KurtHarders

Post by KurtHarders »

Hello,
yes, i am heaviliy using the simulator to verify the mixes and to play with parameters.
My idea is to have something like a schematic of the mixer "wiring". E.g.:
Having boxes for the sticks, boxes for the switches and some mixer chains consisting of single mixers finally assigned to some channels. All this is built with the editor of companion9x. Now the graphics generator creates a view with wires from the sticks... to all the mixers this device is connected to. Than the mixer chains are wired too and then the mixer outputs are wired to the channels and the channels to...... ;) . The result looks like a flow chart.
I think it would be best to reanimate my old project to create a screenshot. May take some days, but i will try it.
Reagrds, Kurt
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OK, I get what you mean. Yep, could be a good idea! But note that it might be rather hard to represent once you start taking everything into account (custom functions that can override anything at anytime based on logical switches, global variables that follow a channel value and go act back on the input side of other channels,...)

There are no plans to do it, but if you want to have a go at it, feel free of course!
G550Ted

Interactive Wizard/Simulator

Post by G550Ted »

I understand where that's coming from (or going to?) but I don't think it would be much more/any better visualization than the current simulator.

How is this for a modification of the idea... Enhance the model wizard by integrating the simulator so one could not only build the basic mixes for a model but would also be able to see the outputs of all of the other programming done (sticks/limits/curves/CS/etc.). Or, maybe it would be better to enhance the simulator by expanding it to include the modified wizard. Include all 16 channels with the new interactive wizard. The channels not controlling a surface would continue to be indicated with a bar like the current simulator.

It might look like this:
MultiPurposeMACNAPHANTOM1.jpg
Seriously, if an interactive wizard is practical it would be a great addition to Companion.

Ted

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Something like this? ;) :D

[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqIogHXirM[/BBvideo]

EDIT: link was not showing.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
KurtHarders

Post by KurtHarders »

Hello,
RCProgrammer.PNG
attached a snapshot of my program showing a flying wing mixer setup. My concept of a mixer was much simpler, because the different stages a opentx mixer has where seperated into single funtions with corresponding instructions in the tx software. It should be relatively simple to adopt the opentx view of a mixer :) .
The current signal routing algorithm should be enhanced to better fit into the opentx concepts.
The program should be able to highlight the signal routing from a selected component.
Combining the tx simulator with the routing display and a (not yet programmed) model simulator should be a nice GUI supplement for companion9x.
Regards, Kurt
nicholgd

Post by nicholgd »

Exelent idea.I've been drawing something similar by hand to help me visualize some of the more complex glider mixes . There is a major software update ( when? ) due soon, maybe better to wait for it than waste coding time.
Geoff N
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

So maybe the final solution will look like what i am doing in my job:
Designexample DSP
Designexample DSP
It´s the graphic interface of a digital signal processor with 8 inputs and 8 outputs and all you have to do is drag and drop, route your signals and make some adjustments.
KurtHarders

Post by KurtHarders »

Hi,
yes, the interface could look like your example. But opentx is much more complex. So the first step could be visualising the sticks, sliders and switches with there connections to mixers and channels. I am working on that. I will report any progress and ideas in this thread.
Regards, Kurt
KurtHarders

Post by KurtHarders »

Hi,
during the design and first implementation of the proposed GUI i remembered a very interesting solution used by Linux audio software.
There is a software hub, to which all applications handling audio data may connect and send or receive data.
Aplying this to companion, the simulator, a TX and the GUI could mean to implement a software hub, to which all these components connect. If e.g. companion changes some mixer settings it reports it to the hub. Now the simulator and the GUI can directly reflect this change. Even the TX might receive this notification. If the simulator is operated it sends the changed information to the hub, allowing the GUI to display some additional information.
Please comment on this idea. If it seems feasable i would make a protocol proposal. The connection to this hub should be via TCP/IP, allowing even distributed components.
Regards, Kurt
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

it would probably allow something like this. A friend been working on it. It's one of my dreams since a long time. have a look.. what about if the simulator was your own model? ;) props off of course.
The arduino has also a pin that could turn all off if serial was lost.it's already in the code. of course we must program the failsafe on the model. on throttle channel.. Unfortunately I have no programming skills.... yet 8-)

João

[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqIogHXirM[/BBvideo]

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “companion9x”