My HK programmer addition

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I use SP programmers but did order and solder in a HK USB programmer to know what to expect if asked by club members. It went well but I have a few pointers that other posts may have missed.
I used the shorter cable that came with the programmer and just cut the cable off at the end with the two connectors so only the one connector was left that goes into the programmer. I made sure of the wires I needed by using my ohm meter and tracing and labeling the wire ends measured from the printed labels on the programmer.
I tinned the wires and the solder pads(V2) board and soldered all 6 wires on. If I had a V1 board I would have scraped the green coating on the circuit trace going to pin 11 of the CPU and tinned and soldered the SCK wire there where there is no pad. The connector end of the flat cable exits out the battery compartment end where the slots are and is long enough to wrap around the battery when the cover is on. I also found I could just push the excess cable back into the TX case and it just hides in there. I did enlarge the slot in the battery case so the connector end can be passed through it if I want to separate the case halves totally.
I didn't plan ahead and after soldering all wires I realized that to use the Frsky telemetry interface circuitry and needed wires for that also soldered on to the MISO and MOSI pads. Not as easy with all the wires in the way. I was able to do but "next time" I'll solder those wires all first to keep the area free of extra wires.
Good news Is it all worked first time and XP and epee found and programmed the latest revision FW without issues.
I also soldered a BL control wire to pin17s pad while I was at it.
So that's my story, remember to think and plan ahead like I should have and good luck.
SM

Camboui

Re: My HK programmer addition

Post by Camboui »

ShowMaster wrote:... remember to think and plan ahead like I should have and good luck.
It's hard to plan ahead for newbies like me that don't even know all the mods that can/must be done.
Is there any overview for the most interesting mods to do at once ?
Thanks.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Check this page:

http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... dware_Mods

Mod wise... It makes sense to do haptic and frsky at the same time. Only because you are soldering the 3 pins on the CPU that are next to each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Software”