Cannot Connect to Sky TX

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
GTiDon

Cannot Connect to Sky TX

Post by GTiDon »

Hi

I still cant get c9x to see my radio I get this. What must I do?

Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.

ShowMaster

Re: Cannot Connect to Sky TX

Post by ShowMaster »

Be patient. Is this s new board?
More about your OS.
Samba can be fussy. Post more about your board and os and I'm sure others will help you out. It took several try's for me on XP last year.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

Win 7 64 bit
With sky v3.0

Samba direct connects no problem but not from c9x

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm surprised that others haven't posted any help for you yet?
I'm going yo have to check my setup since I haven't updated my sky rev c board for a while. I believe what's going on is that the path in c9x to samba is wrong. Check your c9x config and see where it's looking for samba.
Also make sure c9x is set to program a sky board. I'm doing this from memory and I'm not able to look at my XP c9x until later tonight. It's 12:36AM Saturday now.
Do a forum search for samba or maybe W7. This has been discussed a lot as the sky boards were delivered.
SM
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

This one has been raided a few times in the past by Don. No solution has ever been found. :-P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Gigaah

Post by Gigaah »

Somewhere along the line I had that problem. It was before I got a grip on my driver problem. I think it was the result of installing companion9x prior to upgrading samba to 2.12. So he could be correct about going into c9x menu Burn/Configure and changing the path. I probably did a bunch of things that were not required while I was fixing my issue. I copy pasted the entire SAM-BA directory to where companion9x was set to by default instead of changing the path in c9x.

If you don't have 2.12(your error indicates 2.11 on your system). Then I'd try that as well.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I know nothing about sa-mba and very little about TCL. the error appears to be complaining that more than 2 command line options are being passed to the file open command. My WAG is that the directory "ATMEL corporation" has a space in it and it is mucking things up
Gigaah

Post by Gigaah »

I had that error pop up on me again. I didnt have the correct information in preferences pertaining to what board and firmware I had
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

My XP setup and path. Set the comport number to the one you see in your device manager for you connection.
Attachments
SKY_C9X_SAMba.jpg
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I just had to re-install all of my drivers last night. It's been so long since I first installed them I had gotten
an error in C9X and Eepsky...two different errors however the one from C9X looked like yours. If you look at ShowMasters
pic above you will see the path that needs to be put in on that top line. That tell the program where to find Samba.

As well you must have the drivers installed AND the correct COM port. When you plug the USB cable into your Tx you should see
"AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM?)" in your device manager under Ports, with the question mark being the COM port number.

Once I did that both programs worked fine.
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

This samba driver thing is just stupid...I've never had a harder time trying to install a driver...6 hours of dicking around with this BS.

It's got me going in circles. Says it installs correctly and ready to use then a box appears that says it's unrecognized then I try and manually install the driver and it can't find it and I'm telling it where it is or the driver I have installed is the best one which of course there is no driver installed.

uninstalled and re-installed Samba 2.11 on XP, put the proper files where they need to be....should be straight forward.

I've installed the thing several times in past and got it working but seriously..W T F...why is this such a hassle?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Good news... Taranis is simple!

...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Rob...I'm one inch away from ditching this thing when the Taranis comes out. But to be honest...I would much rather keep it as I know it has more untapped resources and already has more then the Taranis has with the big one being Bluetooth but my patients is wearing very thin.

No way a driver should be this much of a hassle...no freakin way.

Ah...another morning wasted...gotta go find out about a hobbie cat...in good shape with the rig for free just needs a new tramp and beach to keep it on.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Take a long break and keep trying. I had issues the first time awhile back and it all came together. Same for several locals in my club.
If you follow my posts you'll see I'm going along great and then a new feature like a RTClock or voice programming issue cuts me down again. Patience and the help posts here has always paid off. It's just hanging in there that is rough at first.
I'm sure the Taranis will be a more RTF system mainly because it was designed from the ground up, not a collection of parts put in a case. It's also been in testing for maybe a year now? And it's $199. So far the actual cost for FW and programming has been very low with donations being the only cost besides sweat and sometime tears, and a few bottles of wine in my case.
We old timers will be able to tell stories to the new Taranis owners coming on board, about a time when we assembled and programed our own TXs. That and how we repaired and soldered parts on our radios. They will look at us and wonder what the heck we're talking about when they PNP their Taranis out of the box, or send it out for repairs if it breaks.
I wonder if Frsky will have an app for finding local repair stations.
Meant as humor but maybe so not so far off?
So, take a break and give it another try. Your part of history in the making!
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

The samba drivers are 100% easier under Linux :)

Not sure that helps!

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Rob Thomson wrote:The samba drivers are 100% easier under Linux :)
Hi
looking for some samba guidance on linux.

DId you have to install any dependencies ?

The README.Linux mentions this:
Note : packages needed : tcl8.4 tclx8.4 tk8.4.
but the binary provided is statically linked and starts up. I just dont know if everything needed is statically linked but a lot of it appears to be

Code: Select all

tc@tcdev:~/temp/sam-ba_cdc_cdc_linux$ strings sam-ba | grep lib
/lib
ch&3zlibOM
zlib
libtk8.5.so
Lpackage ifneeded zlib 1.1 {load {} zlib}
vfslib.tcl
libtk8.5.so
libthread2.6.6.so
zlib
tcllib.tcl
convlib.tcl

Also did you have to create the symbolic link as also mentioned in the readme ?
Connect the board
- Create a symlink on /dev/ttyACM0
# ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyUSB0
Lastly I wonder if there is a cheap development board that I can use to test the setup as I dont have a SKYtx . the cheapest I found on ebay was about $30.

oh and one more thing :) There is a patch labeled 'patch5 on the atmel site. Is the patch needed or is just running stock 2.12 adequate
http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATMELSAM-BAI ... AMMER.aspx

this is as far as I can get without a board to attach to
samba test on tiny core linux
samba test on tiny core linux

at this point I can add it to the iso, modify the paths for companion9x , and create a symlink, but I cant test it.

thanks

Return to “companion9x”