Minimum throttle value?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
skelator

Minimum throttle value?

Post by skelator »

Hi,

recently (actually quick sometime now) I have my AQ50D Pro with TowerPro 18A ESC, one problem always hunting me is the throttle value that ESC got from the TX, if I do normal calibration for throttle range my FC will always see my throttle is not idle I have to enable throttle trim and trim my throttle from -100 to -95 in order for my AQ50D to recognize it, at first i thought might be the AQ50D problem but later I get a friend of mine to loan his Futaba 8FG and do a normal THR range calibration with the same ESC and stuff, the thing just work w/o needing any change on his TX

so why question is, how does the min THR value from Turnigy 9X flash with er9x are different between others as in my example the Futaba 8FG?

Thanks!
Iduwan
Build.screw.up.build.again.fly.crash.repeat

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Minimum throttle value?

Post by MikeB »

Commercial systems typically use only 80-90% of the available servo movement for their output controlled by the sticks, leaving the rest for use by the trims.
So in er9x terms, they might go from -80 to +80 with centre trims, but with full trim one way go from -100 to +60, and full trim the other way go from -60 to +100.
To get this effect in er9x, just set the mix weight to less than 100, say 80% or 90%.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
skelator

Re: Minimum throttle value?

Post by skelator »

ah ok will try that, for now I did enable throttle trim which leave me a null throttle at 1-2% of my stick until i get throttle respond from my quad

Thanks!
Build.screw.up.build.again.fly.crash.repeat

Return to “er9x”