OpenTX 2.3.15 updated HOTT Telemetry Sensor Mapping

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
123jhe

OpenTX 2.3.15 updated HOTT Telemetry Sensor Mapping

Post by 123jhe »

Hi

I've installed Version 2.3.15 on my Taranis X-Lite Pro and my TX16S.

It seems that the mapping and naming of telemetry sensors has changed. For example battery voltage before was sensor 'RxBt' with sensor-ID '0004', after the update the same value is on sensor'Rbtm' and the sensor-ID '0005'. Id did test that on my X-Lite Pro, no time yet for the TX16S.

This means that all existing models have to be reprogrammed.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Do you have suggestions to speed up this process?

I am thinking about noting the new sensor-IDs and changing them in companion for all used sensors. This way I hopefully do not have to change all logic switches and functions that use telemetry data.

Thanks for your comments

jtaylor

Re: OpenTX 2.3.15 updated HOTT Telemetry Sensor Mapping

Post by jtaylor »

I don't use HOTT but here is a link to the PR that made the changes in case the information there can help.
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/8767

Jim
123jhe

Re: OpenTX 2.3.15 updated HOTT Telemetry Sensor Mapping

Post by 123jhe »

Hi Jim

This is helpful. Thank you.

The github thread offers a documentation of the HoTT sensors, which helps. But I still have to devise a migration method for my models so that I don't have to change all switches and functions.

Jochen

Return to “openTx”