Best Firmware for case modded 9XR-Pro with some unusual features needed?

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
BiggsDarklighter

Best Firmware for case modded 9XR-Pro with some unusual features needed?

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

I have a hardware question thread over here with a couple more pictures of this project. EDIT: This is where I am now.

Currently I have ersky9x-r218 v.3527-Mike loaded up. Going through the menus for a couple hours last night, I discovered I can navigate somewhat with the stick, or a pot, to buttons or all the above.

Navigation is my first problem to solve. What I couldn't find, was a way to get past the menu button, maybe the exit button below it (but I think the stick allowed me to do that maybe? None of this is easy to figure out with an uncased radios... LOL!) It would be really nice to not need to get any of the navigation buttons through the Futaba case, and to leave the stock mainboard untouched. It is doable obviously, but the fewer holes needed through the Futaba case, the less chance of a mistake on a difficult to find in nice shape radio.

I see a plug/lable for encoder on mainboard... Is this a possible option? Searching for 9XR-Pro encoder took me down a whole other rabbit hole filled with obstacles that don't seem to relate to my radio anyways.

EDIT: This encoder would be perfect, will it work? It seems to basically be the same as the ALPS one the was recommended, except with the added RGB.

Another thing I am after, I want to do away with, or ignore the trim switches. The Futaba has nice ratchety trims. I am using this for sailing, so those work much better anyways. These trims are all on pots, and separate from the gimbals. This might be more of a hardware question, but I think implementing it starts in the software side of things.
Last edited by BiggsDarklighter on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BiggsDarklighter

Re: Best Firmware for case modded 9XR-Pro with some unusual features needed?

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

Okay I have found some of the hardware info I need in the wiring/modding diagrams, but still completely in the dark on the software side of things. The encoder just plugs right into the board, and there is a provision for the button on the plug. So I am hoping once that is installed, the setup in the radio software is a bit clearer. I am updating my firmware to the latest too, once I get it powering up correctly. :roll:

Return to “Software”