Er9x with Helicommand Rigid

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
mrmeik

Er9x with Helicommand Rigid

Post by mrmeik »

A big hello to the community,

oh great. Another newbie with a question. :roll: But I really am in need of help because I feel like my head is about to explode. :lol:

A friend of mine build himself an HK450. Transmitter and reviever are from Flysky. The Tx is a Th-9x. With this firmware we got the Helicommand module up and running. But it wasn't perfect. Thats why we decided to flash the Th9x with the Er9x firmware. Which worked like a charm by the way.

Now we are just completly overwhelmed with all the pages, numbers, inputs. We have been trying to figure everything out for days now and have almost given up. I'm sure I am going to find some help with the basics (programming switches, etc) in some other threads that have been opened. But my question is solely based on Helicommand working with the Er9x firmware.

Basically what we need to do is set the Er9x into H1 mode. Thats our first problem we cant figure out. Once thats done Helicommand requires either a pot are a 3 way switch (present on the th9x, ID0, ID1, ID2) to switch in between the 3 main modes (position, horizontal, and off).

We just cant figure it out. :lol:

My question is, is anyone out there who thinks we knows how to figure this one out? Thats would be absolutly awesome, because we are just jammed at the moment.

Thanx in advance,

-Meik

Crucial

Re: Er9x with Helicommand Rigid

Post by Crucial »

What is H1 mode? Is it something you set on the heli command? Does the heli command give you instructions on what it expects from the channel you map to the 3 way switch? I think you need to provide more specifics in order to get more help. Your other post asking the same question didn't seem to generate much of a response.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Have you checked the wiki, and viewed the video guides. They are very helpfull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Westy

Post by Westy »

Let me do some reading and I will see if I can assist..... and perhaps make you a build to start with .... Fingers crossed .... What Version of heli command do you have?
Westy

Post by Westy »

Try this.

Do into menu 3/10 (Heli Setup)

Select swash type 90 .............. if that don't work ... do the same thing and try it with ---------- (No Mixing at all)

Let me know who you go..... they are certainly an interesting system of stabilisation .... how much are they?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As the helicommand does the mixing itself, you must NOT use any of the heli features on the 9x.

Connect your helicommand to the receiver with the default channel numbers:
hc.png
- Create a new, simple default model, and check the first 4 lines on the mixer screen are AIL, ELE, THR, RUD to match that wiring (should be correct by default, if not change mixer sources accordingly).
- Add the mixers for CH5 and 6 (mode/gain and gyro gain), set to P1 and P2 pots here
- Add the throttle control on CH7 (supposing your ESC is connected there, of course)
- Add default pitch curve (edit the THR mix on CH3, and set Curve to c1)
- Add throttle curve (edit THR mix on CH7, and set Curve to c2)
- Set pitch and throttle curves as required on the CURVES screen. c1 and c2 are 5-point curves, you could use c9 and c10 if you prefer 9-point curves
screenshot-2.png
screenshot-2.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
Now do whatever adjustments are needed on the helicommand, it should see all channels correctly.
When you're ready to fly, center the P1 pot (stabilisation off), set the P2 pot to some realistic tail gyro gain. Fly and adjust the tail gyro gain to convenience with P2. Adjust the gain for one of the modes to convenience too, for example on the "horizontal mode" side of the P1 pot. Land, go to the "percentage display" home screen with up/down keys, and write down the values for CH5 and CH6 (the 2 gains). Fly again, adjust the other mode's gain (Position mode), write down the value for CH5 again.
screenshot-4.png
screenshot-4.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
Now you might want to freeze these gains, so go to the mixer screen, and replace the "100% P2" on CH6 with "(percentage you noted for tail gyro gain/CH6) HALF". CH6 will thus always be at this value.
For the flight mode, if you want to use the 3-position switch, also delete the P1 assignment, and replace with 2 more HALF mixes, as seen below (percentages are examples of course), with ID0 and ID2 in the "Switch" line respectively:
screenshot-6.png
screenshot-6.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
This way you have ID1 = 0 = HC disabled, ID0 = one of the modes, ID2 = other mode.

That should do it as a start. Then if you want to add 2nd pitch and/or throttle curves for different idle-up modes, come back here ;)

Return to “er9x”