Taranis- Unable to download model set into Tx

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
BadRaven

Taranis- Unable to download model set into Tx

Post by BadRaven »

OpenTx, firmware updated to 2.0.4. Tx not specifically flashed for firmware since purchase.

Have a 4 model set in Companion to download to Tx.

It connects, says its completed OK, but the Tx gives an EEPROM error and heads for calibration and a blank Tx.

Figured it was the Tx firmware not matching stopping the process.

Connect Tx with it switched off, it is recognised and in Device Manager "STM device in DFU mode" pops up.

Use Companion to try to download 2.0.4 to Tx. (Write firmware to Tx)

DFU util runs but reports "no DFU device found".

Help please!

Kilrah

Re: Taranis- Unable to download model set into Tx

Post by Kilrah »

You have the FrSky drivers installed, you need to remove them and install the WinUSB ones with Zadig as explained in the OpenTX manual.
BadRaven

Post by BadRaven »

Thanks, but how would that occur, I downloaded Zadig and ran it when I first got Companion, even before I had the Taranis?

OK, so have repeated the process, downloaded latest Zadig for Vista and Beyond (I'm on Win7).

Didn't find STM Bootloader automatically, so found via Options and drivers replaced. After a reboot the computer shows STM Bootloader in Device Manager, USB Devices.

However, Write Firmware to Radio runs but still shows no DFU capable device found.
BadRaven

Post by BadRaven »

Loaded Companion this morning to a message that 2.0.5 is now available.

Chose yes, to update, and it loaded Installer.

Ran Installer, and at end of install chose final choice to run Companion.

It ran, but promptly pops up a new box and says there is a new update to 2.0.5, even though I have just done so, and the info button shows it is AT 2.0.5.

OK, so I'm on 2.0.5 on the PC .............so I attempt to write firmware to Taranis..............comes up with a browse box which is empty and I'm unable to find where the file is TO write. Have just wasted over half an hour looking for it. (Windows 7). Searched with PowerDesk but while it finds my backups, does not find the new file.

NOW I can't download the update again since the program knows I have it, yet the program does not locate it and I cannot find it to write it to the Tx........
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You're mixing things... after installing and running companion 2.0.5, it prompted you that firmware 2.0.5 was available.

Firmware is downloaded separately depending on the options you choose. File->Download will let you do so at any time.

BadRaven

Post by BadRaven »

Kilrah wrote:You're mixing things... after installing and running companion 2.0.5, it prompted you that firmware 2.0.5 was available.

Firmware is downloaded separately depending on the options you choose. File->Download will let you do so at any time.
Copy that, thanks..........but still getting "No DFU capable USB device found".

PC is seeing the turned off Tx as the "safe eject" appears and in Control Panel the STM Bootloader appears and states working properly
BadRaven

Post by BadRaven »

I'm running Companion on a fairly new desktop replacement laptop. It has 6 USB ports.

Eventually, having eliminated everything else I could, and despite Windows 7 reporting that the device was connected and STM Bootloader working, I tried each USB port in turn after a cold boot of the PC.

The third port tried worked. Went back via another cold boot.........now working on port one, not working on port three. :?

Oh well, at least I can get it to work now........................ :roll:

So, Firmware updated to 2.0.5, and the four model set (my three plus the merged one) written to the radio successfully.

Return to “companion9x”