How to convert a USB to wireless

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
kaos

How to convert a USB to wireless

Post by kaos »

I have a USB device with USB wired connection. I like to convert this wired connection to wireless. Is there a way to do this?
the device has a UsB connnector than connects to PC USB. Most of the 'wirelss USB device appears to be wireless lan device.

Kilrah

Re: How to convert a USB to wireless

Post by Kilrah »

There is a standard for that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_USB), but I've never actually seen a device that implements it.
kaos

Post by kaos »

It is interesting after all these yrs with USB's existence, no company has not come out with a wireless device like this that every USB device can be turned into wireless. hmm........

Interested in making one design, I will be glad to be the GP to make it and you can patten it. ;)
thomas9x

Post by thomas9x »

kaos

Post by kaos »

hmm, just read this reply. the forum did not sent me a message that there is a reply. :?:

thx Thomas. I will look into that the one from Newegg seems promising. May have to figure out a way to add a 5V battery power source that does not need the AC power supply. The device I am looking at needs the USB to power the device then transmit data to PC. It is a still image CCD sensor. or attach the device USB base to a AC power source if it is conveniently available where the device is going to be.

I wonder what 'key word' you used to do the search. The Newegg item never showed up on my google search. After I read your post, I did some search again. only one ever showed up: http://www.focusedtechnology.com/sp-dou ... 7AodklgAaQ
and this may have a dedicated display function instead of for general USB.

PS: still waiting for the 270 uH inductor to arrive to continue my one plug FPV set up. It may have sunken to the bottom of Pacific. :P

thomas9x

Post by thomas9x »

I wonder what 'key word' you used to do the search. The Newegg item never showed up on my google search.
The link posted by Kilrah said the wireless standard is called Certified Wireless USB. So I Googled that name.

- Thomas

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”