Profile Functionality

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
mpjf01

Profile Functionality

Post by mpjf01 »

I have had this problem for a while but it is more of an issue with Taranis.

Each time I flash the radio using C9x I stuff up the radio's calibration and have to redo it.

I have been trying to manage 2 9Xs and a 9XR previously and often transfer model data between radios. The need to recalibrate has always been there but it is more of an issue now as not only do I lose calibration on a reflash but also the other radio setup data such as battery ranges, backlight settings and so on.

It seems that the calibration (and presumably other setup) data can be stored in the profile because there are options to use the stored data in the flashing dialogue. But the calibration option is always greyed out for me, suggesting that there is no calibration data stored in my profiles to be used. The option "Patch HW setting from profile" is not greyed out, presumably this is the setup data that has been stored. I haven't tried this yet.

Logically (to me at least) the radio setup data and the calibration should be automatically downloaded with the eeprom from the Tx when that is requested and uploaded to the Tx when flashing. If the user has two identical radios, apart from their calibrations, they would need to have a profile each to store their settings and unique calibration data.

As can be seen, I don't understand how to use the present arrangements (which may well meet my needs). I have looked in the Taranis manual and the OpenTx manual and elsewhere but I can't find a clear description of how to use whatever functionality there is. I would be grateful if someone could point me to where the information is.

Thanks

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Profile Functionality

Post by Rob Thomson »

Can you give a step by step of how you are transferring models, and reflashing?

I suspect your procedure is wrong :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

- Select the right profile
- Read/open the EEPROM
- Open the General Settings File
- Click the Store calibration and hardware settings to profile button

You'll then have the checkbox available when flashing.

Can't really be done automatically as otherwise your profile data would be overwritten everytime you open an eeprom when you have the wrong profile selected (don't know about you, but it happens often to me).
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Best way of storing models between radios is to drag and drop them into the 'live' epprom. THis way the model files are copied, but not the radio settings.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Kilrah wrote: Can't really be done automatically as otherwise your profile data would be overwritten everytime you open an eeprom when you have the wrong profile selected (don't know about you, but it happens often to me).
Thanks, I missed/had forgotten about those profile management buttons.

Perhaps expand the data model for the C9x system to include the radio as an entity?

Return to “companion9x”