Custom Function Switch/Value "Priority"

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Imho

Custom Function Switch/Value "Priority"

Post by Imho »

Hey guys,

While I'm waiting for my Taranis to arrive I've been playing around with the simulator so I can get a head start when it actually gets here.

I fly heli's and I'm setting up flight modes and idle-up. I run an iKON FBL unit using the iKON's governor. I don't run a "normal mode", so I normally have TH set at 0% (-100), IU0 at 30% (-40), IU1 at 70% (+40) and IU2 at 100% (+100). I'm using switch SF for TH and SE for IU. As openTX is so flexible, I can do this at least a couple of ways, either with the mixer or using custom functions. As the throttle stick has no bearing on the actual throttle channel output in my case, I looked at using custom functions, basically SE↑ = CH1@30%, SE- = CH1@70% and SE↓ = CH1@100% with SF↓ = TH (CH1@0%).

This raised an interesting question - which switch/value would have priority? As it turns out, it works. TH seems to have priority over the IU switch setting, at least in the simulator. The question is what gives it priority? Is it a switch priority (SF>SE) or a value priority (-100>-40), or something else? I'd like to know for my own peace of mind.

Anyone know the definitive answer?

Thanks.

Imho

Re: Custom Function Switch/Value "Priority"

Post by Imho »

Hmm, maybe I asked too soon (and in the wrong area).

After a bit of playing around it appears that the custom functions are processed in the order of the list. If I moved the TH custom function to the top of the list it doesn't have any effect.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

The Play Track function priority is give in to the order the functions are listed in the tab. With a simultaneous trigger first in the list reads first, second goes second and so on. Alarms have priority over play track and will interrupt them.
Imho

Post by Imho »

Great! Thanks for the information Scott.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”