Binding Scherrer with 9xr problem

Hardware Support for the 9XR
sicarius

Binding Scherrer with 9xr problem

Post by sicarius »

Hey guys!

I bought a Scherrer LRS TX600 a while ago and cant get it to work with my (awesome) T9XR

I have tried my TSLRS TX600 but i cannot get it to bind. I'm using er9x, and either trainer port which work fine on simulator (ppm out works) but when i try the binding as described in the manual, i get no response. (tried both ways describedon the TSLRS website, 1 and 2 batteries)
I triple checked the cable going into the TSLRS, opened the Tx unit up to see if anything fried, but nothing.. How can i test if the Tx is even working, let alone accepting PPM? I have a DMM, access to arduino's and extensive computer knowledge, but no oscilloscope. I cannot file a warranty issue with the seller, because they have already screwed me with something else, and i do not trust them anymore (ElectronicaRC)

I filed this with the official site, but it can't hurt to post it here too.

The receiver is a TSLRS boosted 12 channel diversity receiver gen6

When i turned on the TX unit the other day, when a fellow RC addict was visiting, we tested the spectrum analyzer of his EzUhf, which clearly showed a spike in 433 signal.. so there is something going on, but the binding puzzles me.

Could it be the 9xr frame rate?

You may find this as a crosspost, as i have also placed it on other forums

pmullen503

Re: Binding Scherrer with 9xr problem

Post by pmullen503 »

Can you borrow another module and matching receiver to check that the 9XR is working?
sicarius

Post by sicarius »

I have an OrangeRx JR compatible module with several Spektrum and ORX receivers, works without a hitch..
I may be on to something as the trainer plug i've been using was "stereo" and apparently the pole that touches the jack is between the lower ring, in stead of the (top) shaft. I've measured 5v PPM voltage from that and there's none to the scherrer plug, but there is on another plug (the one that comes with Phoenix Simulator)
I will get back with results when i built something to try
sicarius

Post by sicarius »

Problem solved.. it was the stereo trainer plug, had to be mono.. Sorry for this stupid mistake! Thanks!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”