Elevon Mix

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Elevon Mix

Post by Rob Thomson »

Simple example showing an elevon mix.
Attachments
Elevon.eepm
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 1072 times
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

GyroGearloose

Re: Elevon Mix

Post by GyroGearloose »

Gyro Gearloose's Elevon mixes...
Gyro Gearloose - Elevons.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Elevons
Purpose: Some aircraft have less aileron authority than some pilots would prefer. This program allows you to “twist” the elevators like ailerons, as well as having normal elevator control.

Physical setup and Wiring:Your plane must have separate servos for each elevator. For this example, we don't care how the ailerons are set up, so we'll assume they are on a single radio channel. If your plane is wired (as many are) with a Y-cable that puts both elevator servos on the same radio channel, you'll have to separate them so each servo is on it's own radio channel – we need independent control. By convention, I use ch1 for my left or only aileron, ch2 for my left or only elevator, and I'll be using ch7 for my right elevator.

Implementation:(“Elevons”)
ID0: Normal flight characteristics
ID1: Normal flight characteristics (eg. reserved for flaps on the same model)
ID2: Elevons engaged
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....
TeamSherman

Post by TeamSherman »

Hi mate,

I am a total virgin newb with this radio and am wondering how i input the elevon mixing you have posted?

I have tried my HobbyKing Bansai wing with the inbuilt template but it just wont work, i have tried many different configurations and it just wont play the game.

So yeah, will the mix you have posted work for my Bansai (and my Zagi that i want to do)?

And how do i put it into my radio onto my model 3 memory setting but more importantly, how do i put it into the radio first off?

Cheers,

Alan.
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

It will work for any plane that has two elevator servos drivable by different radio channels. You need er9x on your radio and eepe on your pc, and then just load or cut/paste my mixes into the model you want it on, and send it to the radio.
Westy

Post by Westy »

If your Radio has only 2 Flaps /...... and 2 servos

Can you set up them to work as both ailerons a.... and elevons?

If so ... please let me know how to wire and configure in ER9x

GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

I am not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean something like a v-tail that only has 2 servos driving ailerons and elevators? Or one that has ailerons and flaps and elevators? One that has ailerons used as flaps, aka flaperons? From the factory what servos are moving what surfaces?

Gyro
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

They are asking about a flying wing. There are only 2 surfaces that are moving and 2 servos to control them.

Gyro's mix above looks to be a setup that has 4 surfaces that move. 2 ailerons and 2 halves of an elevator.

For a flying wing you need to use a setup like Rob's posted above. This will use 2 channels on the radio. One channel for the right surface and one channel for the left. You may have to play around with the weight settings of those mixes to get the surfaces moving in the right direction after creating the mixes.
Westy

Post by Westy »

SO Robs set up is fine? it only has 2 ailerons..... nothing else..... needs to have them working opposite on on right stick left and right for left and right roll and the sames flaps will do elevon action when you move the right stick up and down as a normal mode 2 to control altitude.

Hope that make sense . Looking at robs set up above .... I think that is the one I need..... but just wanted confirmation or another option there is no rudder as has a V tail Stealth Fighter
Crucial

Elevon Mix

Post by Crucial »

Yes. You will have to add a throttle channel of course.
Westy

Post by Westy »

yep ... that is a given.... :) ...... ha ha
MonkeysPunk

Post by MonkeysPunk »

Used this setup on my Teksumo and it works perfectly. Just had to swap Ele and Ail around to suit my transmitter and perfect. Not flown yet but its all moving how it should. Thanks Rob

Return to “Template Library”