eepe downloads mixes Companion9x won't?

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
ShowMaster

eepe downloads mixes Companion9x won't?

Post by ShowMaster »

I posted this in the programming section but maybe it should be here?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=242
SM :?:

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: eepe downloads mixes Companion9x won't?

Post by Romolo »

As you will see in the other thread, er9x did a version change of eeprom format, new format will be supported by c9x v0.35 which will be released ASAP...
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Version 0.35 is released.
Enjoy!
Bertrand.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

bertrand35 wrote:Version 0.35 is released.
Enjoy!
Bertrand.
Just tried it and it working, thanks for the fast fix. I didn't realize that at first that the programs could be different. I knew something had changed. In the future I'll know to give it a day or two to have the updates done. if i understand what happed, the eeprom internal version in now different and that caused the error. Will tthis new version eeprom stay this way for a while so that the updated C9X will work with new revisions or do you have to stay on top of it? I'm asking to have a better understanding of what has to be done with revision changes. eepe seemed to be able to keep up with the change so I assume that gets updated at the same time erax posts the r change? I think both programs are great and I thought i read that eepe is incorporated into C9X but not maintained by eraz?
I'm just getting my facts down so I can share what I know with the newer users if asked at the club meetings I show my system at.

******I see that eraz and other have explained all this in another section so no need to comment but all info is welcome********

I did post my troubles with C9X on another thread to get some input so I just posted an update with all the good news that it's solved and post future questions here if this is the correct place?
Thanks again for all your hard work.
SM
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Ok another question.
If I download my mixes and choose {save as}, give the file a name or use the default Document#.eepe the file saves but will not reload. If I download the file and select just {save} not giving it a new name it saves as Document#.eepe and will reload OK.
If I select save as and use the drop down option file names .eepe it saves but won't reload, just blank.

Please try it and see where i may be going wrong.
Again, download the mixes, select {save as}, give it a name like Mix 1, and save it. Then try it with just downloading the mixes and select {save} and save it with its default doc#.
Sorry to be such a bother but I'm just trying to learn to use C9X and this may be a bug?
SM

Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Companion9x it's a fork of eepe but is not any longer eepe, we choose another approach that for some point of view (development) is much more time consuming but offers compatibility and translations capabilities between different FW.
Companion keeps data internally in it's own format and has some interfaces to import/export vs different FW, this is why we can convert from and to th9x, er9x, gruvin9x and open9x.
We also incorporate for the emulator part the real firmwares source code, so that emulation will be the more realistic one.
Then we added a lot of stuff and gadgets (ie joystick support), fake backlight support, splash library and so on
Anyway when a firmware changes it's own eeprom format we have to update the filter and adapt the interface to handle added parameters.
Eraz did the same for eepe, but as he maintains either eepe and er9x obviously he was able to do it synchronously (and even doing so he missed something).
On eeprom changes we will always be one or two days later, but luckily eeprom format changes do not occur too often.
Regards,
Romolo

EDIT: let me check for the last issue you reported...

Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

ShowMaster wrote:Ok another question.
If I download my mixes and choose {save as}, give the file a name or use the default Document#.eepe the file saves but will not reload. If I download the file and select just {save} not giving it a new name it saves as Document#.eepe and will reload OK.
If I select save as and use the drop down option file names .eepe it saves but won't reload, just blank.

Again, download the mixes, select {save as}, give it a name like Mix 1, and save it. Then try it with just downloading the mixes and select {save} and save it with its default doc#.
Sorry to be such a bother but I'm just trying to learn to use C9X and this may be a bug?
SM
What do you mean download mixes ? you download models from radio...
In preferences have you selected the proper firmware ?
i mean in your case er9x ? the choice of the firmware influences the way eeproms are saved...
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Romolo wrote:
ShowMaster wrote:Ok another question.

SM
What do you mean download mixes ? you download models from radio...
In preferences have you selected the proper firmware ?
i mean in your case er9x ? the choice of the firmware influences the way eeproms are saved...
Yes from radio.
I use er9x frsky no heli no templates and that is selected.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Here it works... please check to save in eepe format. (from the dropdown list)
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Romolo wrote:Here it works... please check to save in eepe format. (from the dropdown list)
Yes that seems to work. Many may however not understand with out knowing to use the drop down menu and save it as a .eepe file?
If eepe FW is selected in the preferences is it possible to have the save as automatically make it an eepe file or will the file extensions change as C9X progresses? As it stands now, eepe puts the .eepe extension on the save as function even if it's not selected in the drop down menu options. I;m just trying to make it easier for the new people coming on board that may have limited computer knowledge and get involved with er9x as the users base grows.
I'm good for now thanks,
SM
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Indeed a fix is needed, thanks for spotting the problem...

Return to “companion9x”