ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

Post by MikeB »

I'll look at the stick monitoring for the inactivity alarm, I had noticed this myself, I may have a fix for it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Exit works...
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I think using, say, 0101.wav for model #1 is fine on the Sky9 board.

Or really just make a field under "model name" that we can enter a
file name, so we could just specify the file name we make, using
the current format, for that model.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

no ... exit doesn't work... I lied...
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

You may need to re-solder the pins on the holder. Mine has been fine since doing this.
Ho my god, that was small !!!!! :o
Anyway, it seems to solve the issue ! Thanks !!! 8-)

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I should be able to put a new revision up tomorrow with these 'features' modified.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
preston91

Post by preston91 »

preston91 wrote:been trying to to make some custom audio files with Audacity. I've tried both 16 bit signed and 8 bit unsigned wav's but they play very sloooow. I was able to use Recordpad in uncompressed 16 bit mono format that worked, but it doesn't have any editing functions. anyone know an Audacity output format that works? it has a bunch to choose from....@ Mike thanks for your efforts!!!! love the special audio switches you added, you are doing some wonderful work...

Paul

I got audacity to edit my song file. had to convert to mono then resample to 16khx. I guess the sound player doesn't like stereo. BTW this may be old news but the inactivity alarm doesn't clear when I move the sticks....
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

r92 now available:

Hopefully fixed the time counting
Add voice variable on switch
Fix inactivity bug

I'm also part way to having Ymodem receive working, initially over the 'second' serial connection, but it should also work over bluetooth later.
The idea is that it will provide a way of loading files onto the SD card while it is still in the Tx. It may not be as fast as going USB, but it is a lot easier to implement.
I just run Hyperterminal (windows) and it has a Ymodem send function built in. I'm currently receiving a file, just throwing it away not storing it so the basic code is working.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

What com port will that work off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

While I'm geting it going using the second serial port, I plan on making it selectable to use that, or the telemetry port (so if plugged in to the module you can swap it), or the bluetooth port. Latest is I got a file written to the SD card OK.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Nice!

Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

With the audio, can we use this to amplify the sound? Also, I have a few 200mah 1S lipo's, Would it be better to power the amp with one instead of pulling it from the board?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/two-channel-3W- ... 3cc86cc00f
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Why? at full output this board can draw well over 1 Amp , also it looks like it is a Class D amp , these can generate a fair bit of
noise through the speaker leads ...they need to be as short as possible ( like hooked directly to the speaker)

But I guess you can plug into the headphone jack , I'm not sure what range of volume control you will have.

-Brent
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

OK...Let me try another program to generate the audio files and see if I can get the volume higher.

Thanks Brent!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Sparkfun RN-42 questions ersky9x r91 used but will flash r 92 asap to be up to date
I installed mine using a 4 connector servo type and the 4 pin header. All went well with that. Now I don't know how to test it?

My new Android galixy Tab 2.7 says it's paired using 1234 at the pin i think it correct?

The frsky Android dashboard App seems to see it but says it can't pair or other messages? My netbook withe BT pairs OK with it on port 40 but I have no idea on how to see any data from it to my netbook? I believe my tx and rx are wired OK but all wiring will be rechecked. I assume that if the netbook is seeing it it's at least working?
The tablet in its settings seems to pair with it but the Frsky dashboard pgm does not?
Are there any other Android apps or programs that run in XP that I can use to verify I'm OK wiring and BT device wise.
Thanks in advance.
SM
Last edited by ShowMaster on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Does the frsky app have settings for the baud rate? Maybe the rate your bt adapter is set doesn't match the app.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

SM: In ersky9x you can turn on telemetry being sent to bluetooth. You can also set the baudrate. I believe the RN-42 defaults to 115200 baud.
You should find the BT module appears as a serial port on XP, device manager should tell you which COM port it is.
On XP, do you have hyperterminal? If so, set it up to the COM port above at 115200. If telemetry is being received you should get data on the terminal screen, probably garbage as it is in binary.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Mike I found the BT on menu and now I see stuff in hypertem and it starts and stops when I turn the BT on and off using the last option in screen 11.
So now it's an issue with the Galaxy Tab 2 and the Frsky dashboard program I guess?
The answer to the other posts question about baud rate in the program? I'm still looking at all my options and locating menu options.I may have to ask the person that wrote it for help if all else fails. So new tablet to learn, Android OS to learn, new program to learn. Whew! Good news the hardware seems to be talking to my netbook.
Anyone using a android tablet with this app maybe will get me on the right track.
SM
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Little bit of help needed.
When setting the sounds for the VS1 on my 'gear' switch that is use for mode change on my gyro, what I want to do is the following: - Switch On = 'heading hold on' (read from SD card file no. 0101) then Switch Off = 'heading hold off' ( to be read from file no. 0102).

However, what happens is on Switch On I get the 'heading hold on' but on Switch Off, I get 'zero' voice file.

If I do the same and set VS2 for the Throttle Hold switch, I get 'Throttle Hold On' from my SD card fine, but when switching off, I again get 'zero'

So basically, only 'on' seems to be able to work as I want, but 'off' is coming up with 'zero' no matter what switch it is set for.

Any ideas?
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

Well, it seems to be the app I was using in my video.
I didn't make any special setup in the frskyapp, only "auto enable bluetooth" to avoid having to go in the phone setup to enable it ....
I don't have it near me at the moment, but I'll check tomorrow if something trivial got out of my mind..
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

RCHH, OK, that's a bug! I had this working in er9x, but changed the code to make it work and didn't put that change into ersky9x. Will be fixed in next revision (soon).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Ah Ideal. Thanks MikeB. No rush - certainly not mission critical.

Further news on the 5 blade setting for the telemetry sensor - it works fine. I get identical readings on my 9X screen as I do on the FrSky screen. Excellent stuff.

Next question ... and it had to come you know ... will there be telemetry data logging to the SD card in the fullness of time at all?
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Probably. There are a few issues to consider. While writing the log file, we can't be reading the voice files so there needs to be an interlock to allow this.
Then we need to decide on the format of the log files and whether to try to write all the telemetry data (around 1K bytes per second), or just a snapshot every few seconds.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Totoff wrote:Well, it seems to be the app I was using in my video.
I didn't make any special setup in the frskyapp, only "auto enable bluetooth" to avoid having to go in the phone setup to enable it ....
I don't have it near me at the moment, but I'll check tomorrow if something trivial got out of my mind..
Thanks for your post and any info.
I bought the tablet to use with this program among other reasons. If I can't get it to work in the next 85 days it may go back to Costco.
Since I do see garbage from my 9x using my net book I must be missing some setting.
My tablet says it's paired but the program asks for a pin. I use 1234 and I get the reply back it can't connect?
I've tried different baud rates and will try it all again slowly.
Anyone know of a windows pgm that can read the frsky data using bluetooth?
It's just bugging me thinking I'm so close.
Do I need the rx on linked as I'm doing or will it still pair and display something from the TX?
SM
PNaz

Post by PNaz »

Try using a pin of 0000. Several of my bluetooth devices had that as a default.

Paul
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Paul for the reply. I did try 0000 with no luck but ill try it again.
I'm bummed because I think my TX and BT are working and I'm missing something on this tablets settings. I don't have another android to try.
I'm giving up just yet.
SM
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

Do you have details about your BT adapter ? is it just RN42chipset or integrated as a modem on a board ?
I've just made the association from fresh on my phone( using RN-42 on a modem board), here as the step I had :
As prerequisite, I've setup the BT to 115KB and changed Pin/AdapterName.
1- Activate BT on Phone
2- Search for devices
3- Find your RN42 and pair with phone (Pin is asked)
4- start Frskyapp go to setting and activate auto-enable BT / Auto connect to last device.
5- in FRSKY menu, clock on connect
6- The BT status (top left corner) of the app blinks and get to "BT UP"

-> Values will be available only if some telem datas are available (setup in RC telem Menu & wired on Rx)
Hope this could help
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

Rob Thomson wrote:Has anyone done a template for the cut-outs that need to be drilled in the case?

Hi,

I was also looking for a template. Has anyone made one yet?
If not, maybe I'll look into it and share..
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Showmaster, if you are using this app, they specify that the BT adapter has to be set to 9600 baud.

http://projects.onomato.biz/projects/android-dash

Have you changed the rate on the adapter at all?
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Totoff wrote:Do you have details about your BT adapter ? is it just RN42chipset or integrated as a modem on a board ?
I've just made the association from fresh on my phone( using RN-42 on a modem board), here as the step I had :
As prerequisite, I've setup the BT to 115KB and changed Pin/AdapterName.
1- Activate BT on Phone
2- Search for devices
3- Find your RN42 and pair with phone (Pin is asked)
4- start Frskyapp go to setting and activate auto-enable BT / Auto connect to last device.
5- in FRSKY menu, clock on connect
6- The BT status (top left corner) of the app blinks and get to "BT UP"

-> Values will be available only if some telem datas are available (setup in RC telem Menu & wired on Rx)
Hope this could help
that what I've been doing? I use a pin of 1234 and the tablet itself pairs in its BT settings and the program searches and finds it but than even when the pin is used it give can't connect error message. Maybe this program will not run on the galaxy tab 2 android?
What I need is an android app that will connect and just look at data of any kind to see if it's the tablet or program, or me?
Hyper term on my XP netbook does return data and connects.
I'm using a sparkfun RN-42 $15 BT module.
Thanks
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”