How to setup the Pots 9xr pro

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
virgodave61

How to setup the Pots 9xr pro

Post by virgodave61 »

I have a servo connected to my receiver(FrSky) on channel 6, but when I select P3 at the top of the mixer screen it doesn't work, is there something I'm missing? When I set it up on my old 9X it worked great.
Thanks,
Dave

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: How to setup the Pots 9xr pro

Post by MikeB »

1. Did you calibrate the pots when you calibrated the sticks?
2. Check the Tx screen that shows the stick and pot positions, do the bars showing the pot positions move?
3. Check the 'bars' screen, does the bar showing the output for channel 6 move when you move the pot?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

Yes to all the above, but all the pots will do this regardless of if they are setup to be used or not. There must be something wrong with the way I'm setting up its use. Thanks for the reply.
Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What Tx module and receiver are you using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

FrSky DJT transmitter and FrSky D8R-II PLUS receiver. The servo is on ch6 , so I setup a mix on ch6 with pot3 as the source am I missing something in the settings? The hardware was all the same when it worked the only difference is the new 9XR Pro.
Thanks Mike.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm assuming, for example, channels 1-4 are all working.
On the protocol menu, do you have it set to:
Proto PPM 8CH 300uSec
PPM FrLen 22.5
PPM Drive FullDrive
1st Chan 1
?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

Thanks Mike,
Yes channels 1-4 work great and channel 8 works, which is set for a switch to turn on auto tune for my flight controller. I checked all the other items you mentioned and PPM Drive was set to Open Drain so I changed it to FullDrive. Currently I'm modifying my transmitter module for telemetry so I can't test it but will post as soon as I can.
Thanks again for your help!
Dave
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

No it still didn't work.
I'm having another problem if you could have any input on, I live in Florida, with extreme humidity and I noticed once in a while that channels 1 through 4 sometimes cut out, but then if I play with the connectors they will come back. This receiver has been in some really bad crashes, so it could be that I need to re-solder the pads for the pins, or it could be the humidity attacking the pins. Have you ever heard of anyone having to remove the slide-on connectors and solder the wires to the receiver? I cant fly like this, so something needs to be done before I can.
But back to the servo any other ideas? On my old transmitter all I had to do is set my aux channel to the pot I wanted to use and life was great, this transmitter has me confused.
Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I suggest some specific investigations, particularly if the receiver has been in several crashes.
Try:
Set channels 5, 6, 7 and 8 all to be controlled by POT3, then plug a servo into each channel and see if it responds.
On channel 6, if the servo doesn't respond, is it driven to a single specific position or does it just stay wherever it is?
When channels 1-4 stop responding, do the LEDs on the receiver stay on?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

My problem at this point is I don't know how to setup the pot on any channel, do I just mix ch6 and set the source to P3? Someone else told me to set the source to ch6 and the switch to a pot, but the pots arn't an option in switch settings, he was a 9XR guy.

Dave
virgodave61

Post by virgodave61 »

Thanks Mike,
Its fixed, I don't understand it, but someone told me to go to the ch6 mix and insert a new mix and select P3 as the source and now my servo works.
I still need to figure out what to do with my connect/wiring issues for the receiver, I can't have channels cutting out. I appreciate all your help.
Dave

Return to “tgy9xr”