LUA Telemetry screens not working on firmware update

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Kenny9999

LUA Telemetry screens not working on firmware update

Post by Kenny9999 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello

I'm an experienced programmer and RC drone stuff, but totally new with Open TX and Taranis.

I want to make work that script here
http://rcsettings.com/index.php/viewdow ... try-script

It work great if I use the dowloaded firmware from the companion. Cool, But, then, I clone the master branch, build, on Ubuntu, and just flash the firmware build and I got "No Telemetry Screens"

What's my problem? I've tried many things, enabling the LUA option in the Settings of the companion, Try to compile the firmware with

make PCB=TARANIS LUA=YES

No success at all! Is there something broken into the firmware? or I miss something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dinamich

Re: LUA Telemetry screens not working on firmware update

Post by dinamich » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Maybe you forgot to do a "make clean" before you changed the compile options? That command line should be enough for Lua to be fully enabled.

If you still have problems, put the whole output of make command on pastebin and post it here. Maybe I can spot something...

Kenny9999

Post by Kenny9999 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello dinamich

Wow, thx for your reply, it look like that did it! I find it weird, but I've change my compilation line for

make clean;make PCB=TARANIS LUA=YES

thx again

Kenny9999

Post by Kenny9999 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Ok,

At first, I was thinking that you were right, but, unfortunately, there is definitely a bug in the Next branch that broke the LUA scripting

When I compile master, the script work perfectly. and the end compilation stack is like this

===========================================================================================================

Creating load file for Flash: opentx.bin
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary opentx.elf opentx.bin

Size after:
text data bss dec hex filename
337968 3328 48844 390140 5f3fc opentx.elf
-------- end --------

rm lua/src/lparser.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/src/usbd_ioreq.o CoOS/kernel/mutex.o targets/sky9x/syscalls.o lua/src/ldebug.o CoOS/portable/arch.o targets/taranis/pwr_driver.o CoOS/kernel/event.o lua/src/ltablib.o targets/taranis/usb_bsp.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_rcc.o lua/src/lopcodes.o lua/src/ldo.o CoOS/kernel/flag.o CoOS/portable/GCC/port.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_dbgmcu.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_OTG_Driver/src/usb_dcd_int.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_rtc.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_gpio.o lua/src/llex.o CoOS/kernel/core.o lua/src/lmem.o targets/taranis/usbd_hid_joystick.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F2xx/Source/Templates/gcc_ride7/startup_stm32f2xx.o lua/src/lctype.o lua/src/ldump.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_usart.o targets/taranis/usb_driver.o lua/src/lzio.o lua/src/lstate.o CoOS/kernel/serviceReq.o CoOS/kernel/timer.o lua/src/lobject.o lua/src/lrotable.o lua/src/lmathlib.o lua/src/loadlib.o lua/src/lfunc.o CoOS/kernel/task.o lua/src/linit.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_OTG_Driver/src/usb_dcd.o CoOS/kernel/hook.o CoOS/kernel/time.o lua/src/lcorolib.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_pwr.o lua/src/ltm.o lua/src/lauxlib.o targets/taranis/usbd_desc.o lua/src/lgc.o lua/src/lapi.o lua/src/lstring.o lua/src/lundump.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/src/usbd_core.o lua/src/lvm.o lua/src/lbaselib.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_OTG_Driver/src/usb_core.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_dma.o lua/src/lbitlib.o lua/src/lcode.o lua/src/ltable.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/misc.o targets/taranis/STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0/Libraries/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/src/usbd_req.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F2xx/Source/Templates/system_stm32f2xx.o targets/taranis/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.1.0/Libraries/STM32F2xx_StdPeriph_Driver/src/stm32f2xx_spi.o

======================================================================================================

but then, if I checkout the next branch, the end compilation stack is like this

======================================================================================================

Creating load file for Flash: opentx.bin
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary opentx.elf opentx.bin

Size after:
text data bss dec hex filename
346504 2408 48588 397500 610bc opentx.elf
-------- end --------
=======================================================================================

And usually, the remote have to convert the EEPROM and often I have to recalibrate the sticks, I wonder if it could be a EEPROM problem or a makefile problem?

I would really like it if I could use the next branch since there is a clean up in the menu section and that exactly where I want to do some stuff... well, if I can...

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:38 pm

next is absolutely not stable or safe for use now.
EEPROM format is different (hence the conversion), but said conversions are not finished and potentially broken, etc.

There are several more weeks of work needed until it's ready for use.
In next (future 2.1) telemtry handling has also been completely overhauled and has about nothing in common with the previous one (see here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6887) and any lua telemetry scripts will have to be completely rewritten (which is likely why yours doesn't work, it's not a bug). Not even sure the lua interface for telemetry is done yet.

Kenny9999

Post by Kenny9999 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Ok, got it

I now know how I will do it! Thx for your support

Return to “Software”