9XR-PRO Hacks and Fixes

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
slimvulcanrider

Re: 9XR-PRO Hacks and Fixes

Post by slimvulcanrider » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:34 am

I am back... and having problems after I have added three 3 position switches. I am going to label them as "SW1", "SW2", "SW3", and "SW4".

Turnigy 9XR PRO V1.10

Wiring Schematics

Sw1:

Middle pin-Spare ANG
outside pins- bridged with a 1K Ohm Resister with ground on one terminal

Sw2:
Top Pin- "J3-7" (blue wire from Elevator Switch)
Middle Pin- Ground
Bottom Pin- "J3-6"(Green Wire from RUD)

SW3:

Unused at the moment

SW4:
Top Pin- "J2-5" (Blue Wire from AIL)
Middle Pin- Ground
Bottom Pin- J2-2 (Spare Dig)

***All Grounds tie into J3-1

on the software side I am running ErSky9x V222c7

when I enter the hardware menu
I set ELE - ANA
THR- None
Rud - Ele
AIL - DAC1
Gear - None

I cant get the switches to show they are doing any thing...on the main screen, Thr has a black box around it, RU, EL and AI all have "-" next to them. Gear, Trn, and original 3 way switch work as they should. so my question is what did I do wrong. secondly I cant find a menu to change the switches to actual 3 position switches.

now onto another topic... As Mike and Joao suggested i am going to set up the original 2 position switches as pb 1-4 the question is... do the resistors have to be 4k7? just wondering because my local supplier doesn't have any so I have to order them.

thanks guys for your help thus far

budavaril

Post by budavaril » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 am

I followed this videos:
https://youtu.be/w6aEq6qAXLs
https://youtu.be/Qwi01ZlkJOc

My hardware settings in the menu same as yours.
Did you soldered the r22 ?

I did the mod in my newest 9XR Pro and the resistor was fitted already, but my another 2 are probably older
( I bought them second hand) and those have no fitted that resistor.
From outside the visible difference between the new and two old radios the speaker grills. On the new all holes used and see the speaker. On the another two just few holes used and they just partly opened.
9XR Pro difference.jpg

slimvulcanrider

Post by slimvulcanrider » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I think I have a resister on r22... I say think because I was looking at the resister last night and it looks like i might have accidentally touched my soldering iron down. I fallowed the same videos to do the hardware hacks...

are my software settings correct?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Wiring and settings look OK. Let's take the switches one at a time.
Your SW1 is replacing the ELE switch using the ANA input. Please go to the "DiagAna" menu (LONG LEFT then UP then MENU). Look at the value for A9 on the right. It should be stable, and show three clearly different values as you change the switch. If it is unstable, and/or doesn't change significantly when you change the switch, check you do have R22 in place (or a wire across where R22 goes).

Just spotted you have "***All Grounds tie into J3-1". J3-1 is analog 3.3V, not GND. You need to use J3-9 for ground.

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

slimvulcanrider

Post by slimvulcanrider » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:50 pm

oops, my bad Mike... I do have the switch grounds running to J3-9... the upper most pin on the left hand (right hand if facing from bottom)...

when I flip SW1, middle (off) I get 81, then flip switch either up or down and I get 82... going to try and bridge R22 and see what that does.

slimvulcanrider

Post by slimvulcanrider » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:48 am

so bridged R22 and now get three different numbers for SW1 on the diagANA screen position A9.... still cant tell if the rest of the switches are doing anything or not

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 am

What are the three numbers?
Go to the "DiagSwtch" menu. Beside ID^ you should see '^', '-' and 'v' (up arrow, - and down arrow) as you change the switch.
You should also see the same arrows beside ELE you should see the same arrows, and they should change as you switch your SW1.

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”