Throttle and timer

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
bill516

Throttle and timer

Post by bill516 »

I was sure I posted this but I cant find it. I have my throttle set so when I move it the time starts and when clsoed timer stops. I also have throttle hold set to -100 so throttle does not respond when swich is active. If I move the throttle while hold is on the timer starts running until throttle is closed again. Is it possible to get the timer not to run if throtle hold is on. I know logically its possible, but custom switches are still confusing me at the mo.

Kilrah

Re: Throttle and timer

Post by Kilrah »

The forum got restored, so the last posts were lost, so was my answer!

There it is...
----------------------
+1!

EDIT: You can actually DIY like most things in ER9X...
Instead of setting Timer1 trigger to THs, set it to SW2.
In custom switches, set this, replacing the !THR in the 2nd line by whatever your throttle cut switch is:
Attachments
IMG_0238.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You did, apparantly one of the server disks fried itself, so a backup a few hours old was re-instated, your post got lost unfortunately. I saw it and was going to put it back from my local cache, but you beat me to it!

Anyway, currently, the timer is triggered directly from the throttle stick, so any safety switch is not used to stop the timer triggering. I have looked into using a channel output instead of the throttle stick, but this had a problem as well due to the safety switch being applied after the limits.

I would like to change the timer trigger operation, but it is difficult without upsetting existing model configurations, we try very hard not to make users re-program all their models because of a software change.

We are working on a 'V2' version of er9x, where we do make a substantial change to the model configuration, but anyone loading this new version will therefore be expecting to have to change model configurations, and it may well be automated within eepe.

In this new version the timer trigger is very different. There are two sources, BOTH of which are required to be true to trigger the timer. This will allow the throttle stick to be combined with a switch before the timer triggers, which is what I think you require.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bill516

Post by bill516 »

There's no great problem with me re programming as I haven't installed the rx's in the models yet so its all playing at the mo, in fact I have'nt got one model finished but I'm building another one.

With all the mods I've been doing, and thinking of doing as well as the learning curve with this Tx it all takes time but I'm in no rush. I'm just thankfull I managed to finally get one of these Tx's doing things for yourself is half the fun of a hobby not this get it out of a box idea.
bill516

Post by bill516 »

Kilrah I apologise for not responding to your answer, I will give that a go and see how I get on. If nothing else it will give me some play time with customs switches.

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I have my custom switch set to trigger off of the actual output channel.
So instead of
v>ofs THR -90
I have
v>ofs CH3 -90

So when my throttle hold keeps the throttle output (CH3) low the timer will not trigger.
Just another way to show how the same thing can be accomplished in many ways with Er9x.
-Gohst
kaos

Post by kaos »

SW1: V>ofs ch3 -100 is what I use. Timer trigger is assigned to SW1 and is based on throttle output like Gohsthb.
any time the ch3(throttle) output is not zero, the timer starts which I think is a more logical timer switch (other than the TH%). This is critical for heli flier. Heli has ID1,2 throttle set at full output when at full negative pitch (throttle stick down). However, using the THs as trigger, it will cut off timer while at full throttle output in negative pitch inverted fly at ID1,2. I really think THs should be based on throttle output, not the throttle stick position. Then there will be no THR on/off issue. This will be more understandable by 'normal' people. Just like MAX/FULL, HALF/FULL. :mrgreen:

TH% the same problem that it won't cut off the timer when THR is on. TH% should be based on throttle % output. It suffers even more for heli flier, we have 90% to 100% throttle output at bottom 1/3 stick position in ID1,2. The current Th% is useless.

I wonder if any one would support changing the way THs and TH% is doing now? THs would be an easy throttle output on/timer on throttle output off/timer off. TH% would be based on percentage output.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I support Th% to have a channel value as input

Reinhard
kaos

Post by kaos »

THs can be fixed with that little SW1 switch, anyone can come up with a TH% based on throttle output ch? good brain teaser for the nerds around here. :mrgreen:

If that can be solved, we can put them as template for any one, especially heli pilot, to use. ;)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Don't hold your breath waiting, but we have this V2 version of er9x coming along. This has a completely new way of triggering the timer. It actually has two sources that are both needed to start, so you can have TH% AND a switch (safety switch), and also allows CHx% as well.
It is such a significant change that it would mess up existing models if it was put into V1 er9x. I will give it some thought as to whether some of this could go into V1 er9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike, that would be great. In a sense. You mean I have to twist my brain one more time to learn the V2. Hey, I am just getting comfortable with V1, finally sorted out my er9x induced noodle brain. :? :geek:

Just wonder if you are going to put that PXX thing in V2. It would be great to have 16 physical channels(or more) to play with on a full scale FPV system. Then we really can show people with the splash screen "Your Tx Sucks!" :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

and the audio.. :D ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”