Scramble Scramble - here they come!

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Redbrickman

Scramble Scramble - here they come!

Post by Redbrickman »

I see over at RCG that one of the T9 supplied Taranis has been delivered to a UK buyer, so Rob standby and bolt down the server for in the immortal words of 617 squadron's motto...

"Apres Moi la Deluge" :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!

fireball

Re: Scramble Scramble - here they come!

Post by fireball »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Mine was delivered at 8:00 AM German time ;)
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Looks like we are due for a deluge of Taranis transmitters for sale on Ebay. Here is one with a couple of X8R receivers for sale ---> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Frs ... 4ac6f56a9e
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

You win the unofficial prize flaps30 for finding the first eBay add. I posted a week or two ago where I wondered how long it would take. I was hoping I was kidding at the time.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Well, I don't expect a "deluge" of eBay Taranis offerings because there are so few that have actually been delivered. There are always the odd few trying to turn a buck/quid and if they find a buyer then there are two happy folk.

Ted

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I make the current eBay bid price at $275 USD. I've think I've got that in my Taranis with tax and shipping and a spare x8r rec myself. To make any real profit it'll have to go for much more. I wish him luck being I'm not sure it has a warranty without a centerfield sellers receipt? Only 3 selling it so far.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Cheers Showmaster. :)
G550Ted wrote:Well, I don't expect a "deluge" of eBay Taranis offerings because there are so few that have actually been delivered.
When I grow up I would like to be a headline writer for some local rag.. So it's perfectly fine to hype things up a bit or create a feeding frenzy. Deluge stays in. :)
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Flaps,

To help you in your future career as a tabloid author I suggest you don't restrain your prose. Flush out your offerings with redundant superlatives such as "inundate", "overwhelm", "total domination", "completely destroy", and so forth. Suggested new eBay advert descriptor would then start to read something like:

Highly anticipated and open sourced developed system destined to overwhelm all other manufactures and totally dominate the future of RC. Act now before the anticipated crushing demand for this paradigm shifting, legacy manufacturer destroying radio escalates prices to astronomical levels. With technology that is the best on the planet... blah, blah

Just tryin' to help. :lol:

Ted
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Wow, after reading that I have the urge to get on another pre buy list. Powerful writing.

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”