6 Pos 2 Pole Rotary Switch with LED's for Mode Selection

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
JustinTime

Re: 6 Pos 2 Pole Rotary Switch with LED's for Mode Selection

Post by JustinTime »

As I've told LTMNO, I have a PhlatPrinter III. When I bought it two years ago it was about $950 for the first 30 people or so. I'm not sure what it goes for today. I can cut a 27" wide material, mainly foam, and endlessly long. One guy is building an electric car and made the proof of concept from 2x8 sheet foam 1" thick. He cut it all on his PhlatPrinter III. I've been cutting wooden clocks, foam planes and the PCB that you can see above.

LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Hi JustinTime, I took a look at it, watched the videos... really great stuff... Price went up to $1700 or so...
I love the idea of a stock feeder. I have looked around and I am geared to buying one for sure... I am just working business case to present to my wife for this purchase. ;-)
However... I was working on a JPG for you to convert to GCode, it was not so easy with freeware tools. :-(
I really need to start building out my Quad. I have a kick-_ss Radio ready for anything... I have sealed the case and am not opening it up anymore!

Just finished my joystick mode with switch to change back and forth from 1 Pot/3 Position Switch OR joystick depending on my model I am flying. i truly need to get a bird in the air. My wife is even saying am I going to build a Quad yet? ( you know its bad when....)

When this Quad is done.. the next project is def a CNC machine. You can take that to the bank.
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
JustinTime

Post by JustinTime »

I don't know what kind of a jpg you had in mind but that I'm doing is use SketchUp. It's a free 3d cad from Google and it has a lot of add-ons from a big community among them is a gcode generator inside SketchUp. It's form the same people at the PhlatPrinter place. It's a free add-on and that is what I use all the time to generate my gcode for all my projects.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

LTMNO wrote:I have a kick-_ss Radio ready for anything... I have sealed the case and am not opening it up anymore!
Ha, don't make me laugh.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

JustinTime wrote:I don't know what kind of a jpg you had in mind but that I'm doing is use SketchUp. It's a free 3d cad from Google and it has a lot of add-ons from a big community among them is a gcode generator inside SketchUp. It's form the same people at the PhlatPrinter place. It's a free add-on and that is what I use all the time to generate my gcode for all my projects.

Hi there,
I was using my PCB image in JPG format and trying to gen the gcode from some tutorials... was just something to do.. was doing it from you so that you had a better layed PCB that followed the original.

I was inverting the image so that the CNC would mill out all the black and keep the white. It wasn't trivial is all i am saying. ;-) with freeware tools.

I used inkscape and did some tracing command... regardless, not important... i will focus more when i have my cnc going.. ;-) was just trying to help you. I didn't spend too much time on it.

all the best.

LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

jhsa wrote:
LTMNO wrote:I have a kick-_ss Radio ready for anything... I have sealed the case and am not opening it up anymore!
Ha, don't make me laugh.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, Steve at SP just added a mod to the SP board to make it flash the Tez... i might do that one.. ;-) and then I am done! ;-)

my latest addition....
IMG_2580.jpg
Switchable Joystick on P1 and P2 that can alternate to stock P2 and 3Pos Switch on P1.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

coooool.. :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
JustinTime

Post by JustinTime »

LTMNO, I just noticed that in the picture in your first post you have the red wire form the pot going to the bottom contact, #5, and the black to the top, #1. In your picture of the finished board, on page 3, the red is on the top and the black on the bottom. Which way is the correct way?

OH MAN, just noticed too that I made the board from the wrong layout that you have posted first, namely this on below and I never noticed that you've mentioned, if you've mentioned, that the layout changed.

EDIT: Picture removed to avoid confusion.
Last edited by JustinTime on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You should remove the picture of the wrong board.. ;)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

JustinTime wrote:LTMNO, I just noticed that in the picture in your first post you have the red wire form the pot going to the bottom contact, #5, and the black to the top, #1. In your picture of the finished board, on page 3, the red is on the top and the black on the bottom. Which way is the correct way?

OH MAN, just noticed too that I made the board from the wrong layout that you have posted first, namely this on below and I never noticed that you've mentioned, if you've mentioned, that the layout changed.
JustinTime,
The following post is the only post of the PCB... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2797&start=30#p40687
I am not sure when you pulled that version of the PCB...
I did comment on this post that this is the finally final version... ;-) ( I apologize for not waiting til I was completely done. ) It was a work in progress.

Regarding the Black and Red Wire... you are correct, they are reversed in my graphical version of the PCB diagram. Technically that should not cause a problem. But to match my Actual Diagram I will fix it as to not confuse the matter.

Thanks for pointing that out.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

jhsa wrote:You should remove the picture of the wrong board.. ;)
Can you tell me where the picture of the wrong board is? I can't see it. ;-) Thanks.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

well, the one above say, "wrong board layout" ;)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

;-)

That was an image that was downloaded by JustinTime previously... it was not up on the thread. Its all good... just teasing ya.
kintash

Post by kintash »

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to have the flight modes displayed on the LCD similarly as the model name. That would be great if the flight mode could be visible any time. I am not into writing/modifying the FW, but if there would be an extra page in model setting where the flight modes could be typed in similarly as the pilot's name.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

On open9x yes, you can have 5 flight modes on stock board (which will be upgraded to 6 in next release if I remember well) that are named with the name showing up on the home screen.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

That sounds nice, wondering if that will get into the Er9x?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Not in stock board (with the Atmega64), I don't think so.. There isn't enough flash memory I guess.. :(

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With open9x, on the stock board, you may select what facilities you require, then hope they all fit. Sometimes you may need to do a trade off to get it to fit.
With er9x, I'm keeping to the idea you really have one version, with a few options such as FRSKY and NMEA, ARDUPILOT. I'm not even sure about keeping the NO HELI and NO TEMPLATE options.
Flight phases, particularly with names, will use up quite a bit of flash and EEPROM, so I don't think I will add named flight phases.
I appreciate that some gliders with 4 servos in the wing might benefit from some flight phases, I've never flown one yet so I don't know. (I'm about to find out though when I have time to put my new Cularis together!) As I understand it, flight phases should help reduce the number mixes needed, but you can achieve what is required as long as you don't run out of mixes without flight phases.

Now I might be persuaded to add some flight phases, if they are really useful. Partly though, I feel they provide alternate trim settings for the different phases, and I wonder how much alternative aileron and rudder trims, in particular, are actually needed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I have an electric glider with a 4 servo wing and it uses 32 mixes and 9 switches. (ok 1 switch could be saved) :D

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What would most usefully save on the mixes?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

With Open9x (and the same model) I use 28 mixes and 4 switches.

Some of the extra mixes are needed to get switches and slow up/down working (switch and slow on two different channels). That would be nice if that both would work in a single mix and would save one or another mixer line. But as long as there are enough mixes, that's not really a problem.

To me, there is (in the moment) no real single reason that eats up the mixes.

Reinhard
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

The two things that flight phases really help you achieve are:

- Visual confirmation on screen of which flight phase you are in.
- Simpler management of trim offsets. You can get the trims from a specific phase, or have independent trims for a particular phase.

The rest of the stuff can be easily achieved on a base firmware. Just a bit more complex to setup :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Dr777

Post by Dr777 »

Sound so delicuous Thanks alot!!!

Return to “Hardware Mods”