Frsky and er9x menu option.

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
ShowMaster

Frsky and er9x menu option.

Post by ShowMaster »

I had an interesting condition on a fellow er9x Frdky w/ voice moded system today.
For my education.
His tx frsky module wouldn't stop a rapid beeping sound. All other functions were working including voice announcements.
The fix was me turning the Frsky function on in the page 1 of the radio menu.
He had been flying with it this way and putting up with the beeps and just listening to the voice announcements.
So the question just to sort out the programming to MikeB is,
Why was this happening?
The Frsky module must have had some incorrect data sent to it?
The great news is with the Frsky option on now the voice works and the frsky beeper works normally again
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kilrah

Re: Frsky and er9x menu option.

Post by Kilrah »

My guess is the guy tried things one day, turned the same function on and programmed some bogus alarms in the module...
It's easy, set an RSSI alarm at <100, or some voltage alarm when nothing's connected and it will just beep continuously...
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I agree with your thinking. In his case the beeping started when ever the RX was turned on. In any case I got an email from him saying its still ok now so I guess that was it.
Thanks
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I assume this is the FrSky Int. Alarm you turned ON.
On the telemetry menu, you configure the alarms for A1 and A2. These map onto the alarms on the FrSky Tx module. As soon as you select Int. (for internal) alarms, the Tx module alarms are disabled.
He probably has an odd alarm set that is causing the continuous beeping of the module. I recently removed the code for the internal alarms to be copies of the module, assuming you will use custom switches. safety switches to generate suitable alarms. Because of this removal, er9x pretty much ignores the settings on the telemetry menu when in internal alarm mode.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Sounds like what happened.
Thanks.
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Thanks for the explanations, everyone.
I had that annoying alarm today and solved it by not specifying an alarm ie Yellow or Orange or Red on the Telemetry page and just having "---".
So now, having no alarm specified on my voice modified ErSky 9x, I am happy to listen to the voltages and signal strengths being announced through the speaker and don't want the alarm. I think I should turn off the internal FrSky alarms in the Radio setup menu.

I deduce from the above that if I turn the FrSky module internal alarms off they will not sound at all. But if I turn the internal FrSky alarm on the alarm will sound at the default levels in the FrSky module. Is that correct?

Steve
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Other way round! Internal FrSky alarm ON means Internal to er9x/ersky9x - the FrSky module alarms are disabled. May need to find a better description for the entry.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”