Horus X10S Express unable to bind

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
antoinebk

Horus X10S Express unable to bind

Post by antoinebk »

Hello,

I have a brand new Horus X10S express that I am trying to get to bind to both an R8 Pro and an R4 receiver

I have switched it to OpenTX 2.3.11 from the provided FrOS. The ISRM is running firmware version 2.1.0EU as it is displayed. I have updated both receivers via the SPORT connection to version 2.1.6.

When I try to bind, I press the button on the receiver and add power. The light is green with blinking red. On the receiver, I select register in the model and it starts chirping.

And then that's it nothing else happens. I have tried different power supplies for the receivers. I have tried different reg IDs. Nothing seems to get it to work.

What am I missing ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Antoine

Kilrah

Re: Horus X10S Express unable to bind

Post by Kilrah »

Receiver needs to be pretty close to the radio while registering.
antoinebk

Post by antoinebk »

I've tried having both the receiver very close and a little further away. No chance unfortunately.

My current thinking is that I forgot to upgrade FrOS before switching to OpenTX and that this may be causing the issue.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can update the ISRM from OpenTX if its version is old.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can update the ISRM from OpenTX if its version is old, the file should be on the frsky website.

antoinebk

Post by antoinebk »

The ISRM is already up to date as mentionned in the first post.

Apparently some part of the Horus is only update-able when updating FROS. Is that still the case ?

EDIT : apparently it is not the case anymore as mentionned here (in French) https://opentx-doc.fr/wiki/flasher-le-module-rf-interne. So back to square one. I have no idea why it's not binding...

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”