Glider crow brake in flight mode - tricky difficulties with camber offset

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
123jhe

Glider crow brake in flight mode - tricky difficulties with camber offset

Post by 123jhe »

Hi
I've built a complex template for gliders, that supports all setups from 0 to 4 rudder wings with standard Rud/Elev over V-Tail or even Delta wings. I can configure the basic setup with mixers and trim most important mixes in flight.

But I'm running into a problem with crow brake that I don't know how to solve:

• I have 5 phases, second is landing
• landing phase is set when I pull the throttle down
• depending on from which phase I switch into landing phase, the camber setting (depending on GVars) for ailerons and flaps is set to zero camber from landing phase. this causes the flaps in thermal mode to first to up and then go down for the braking.

The expected behaviour would be: braking is starting from the camber position of the phase the glider was in before entering brake.

My idea is to somehow write the camber value of the phases normal, speed and thermal into a variable which will determine the camber value of the landing phase. So when I enter landing phase, the value for camber would be the same. Easiest would be that on phase switch I store the camber value of the previous phase in the GVar of the landing phase. But that's not possible.

Do you have any idea? Thanks for answering

Carbo

Re: Glider crow brake in flight mode - tricky difficulties with camber offset

Post by Carbo »

123jhe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 amThe expected behaviour would be: braking is starting from the camber position of the phase the glider was in before entering brake.
In order to avoid the rapid up and down, you can set the trigger point for the landing phase so that there is never an upward movement due to the switchover.
123jhe

Re: Glider crow brake in flight mode - tricky difficulties with camber offset

Post by 123jhe »

@Carbo: Thanks for your reply. I did follow the idea and it works better.

Return to “openTx”