Archer R6 - RSSI Warnings

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
mapes12

Archer R6 - RSSI Warnings

Post by mapes12 »

I've recently acquired a Frsky X9D Lite Tx and an Archer R6 Rx. When flying I keep getting RSSI low / critical voice warnings. I've moved the Tx antenna to different positions to avoid the dead spot but it keeps happening. The Tx is running the latest version of OpenTx. I think I read somewhere that OpenTx might not be taking an average sampling of the signal feedback and if it gets one low number it triggers the warning. I've not lost control at any point. Never had this problem with my QX7 with D8 and X series kit running ACCST with the same model and Rx antenna in the same place as the Archer R6 antenna. Is this just a bug that needs an update or is it something serious?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Archer R6 - RSSI Warnings

Post by MikeB »

If you are running ACCESS protocol with this, then I think the warning and critical levels should be set to 35 and 32. Try these and do a range check while checking for full control.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
mapes12

Post by mapes12 »

The OpenTx defaults are Low alarm 45 and Critical alarm 42. That's both on the X9D Lite and QX7 Tx's. Range check at these values is OK. On a typical 7 min flight with my Max Thrust Riot I'm getting 4 or 5 voice warnings. Not flying too far out. I'll lower the settings to 35 and 32 respectively next time I'm at the field. Hope that isn't too low?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, that's what FrSky recommends for ACCESS, unfortunately the scales are different...
mapes12

Post by mapes12 »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:17 pm No, that's what FrSky recommends for ACCESS, unfortunately the scales are different...
X9D Lite has ACCESS set as protocol. QX7 has ACCST set as protocol. Both have the same default RSSI warning values. Are you saying 35 and 32 are safe?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

35/32 is what's recommended for ACCESS. OpenTx hasn't implemented different default settings depending on the many supported protocols.

Return to “Hardware”