I know, this problem is full-out on the internet. And I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't try it all.
So hereby my sequence of things I have been going through.
First my settings:
Taranis Q X7
- Firmware: opentx-x7, version 2.3.9-otx, options crossfire,EU,multimodule,lua,luac
- Binding: mode XJT D16, CH 1-8 (9ms)
I need to power up my receiver via a LIPO, so I press bind on my transmitter, hold in the F/S button on the X8R and then plug in my LIPO and get 2 solid lights. I have both on EU as you see and even bought a second X8R with EU software last week to try again, also 2 solid, even after updating the firmware. No jumper pins installed as I need D16 with telemetry. Tried putting the Taranis at minimum 1m distance as well, but still nothing. I really tried everything that I read and I really don't know anymore what I can be doing wrong. I don't know if it matters but I power it up via my 4-1 QBrain 4x25A ESC that powers up my Illuminati 32 FC (which blinks blue), which in turn powers up the receiver. If I plug in the LIPO without pressing the F/S button it blinks red.
I have attached a messy picture of the setup, maybe someone sees something weird in all the mess. It needs a big clean-up, but first, it needs to work in case I need to re-solder. I also added a video of what happens after I press bind, hold the F/S and plugged in the LIPO.
I do really hope that someone sees what I am doing wrong as I have been spending 100€ on receivers and nothing seems to work... I just want this build to be working now before getting another one with the tango 2 pro and crossfire.