Taranis no longer works as Joystick in windows 10

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
clyder

Taranis no longer works as Joystick in windows 10

Post by clyder »

Hi,
I am struggling for last 2 hours with this so after reading lots of forum pages I got nothing.

Few days ago I was using Taranis X9D+ over USB in simulator without any issues.
Today I tried and computer just wont see it as joystick.
I have two taranis X9D and QX7. First is on the 2.2.4 openTX and second I am not sure.. I think 2.2.2.
Also tried this on two computers at home. Both Windows 10 x64.

On both taranis USB connection option is set to joystick and I dont think it is a issue with Radios.

On windows only device I see in device manager connected is some weird BETTER_USB_HS under libusb-win32 devices. I tried removing it with driver uninstal and installing again but everytime the same.

In Windows settings under "Bluetooth and other devices" I see FrSky Taranis Joystick but is put under "Other devices".

I havent changed absolutely nothing on both Radios from the last time it worked fine so my only guess is that maybe windows got updated on both computer and somehow drivers are not working correcty????

In device manager I only see BETTER_USB_HS device (which goes away when I unplug taranis) and I have no Universal Serial Bus Devices which should show Taranis.

Has anobody got this issue recently? Any suggestion would be most helpfull. Odd thing is that this happened with both radios and on two different computers.

Thanx for any help and best regards to all.
Nenad

Kilrah

Re: Taranis no longer works as Joystick in windows 10

Post by Kilrah »

Yes a few people have reported the mysterious driver change happening on its own after a Windows update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnRSL3rDwM
clyder

Post by clyder »

OMG. This works. Only thing I haven't tried during my 2h attempt to fix this is to roll back the driver.

Confirming that it works. Thank you very much for this link.

Best regards,
Nenad
Zubie

Post by Zubie »

I'd love to get a fix for a brand new controller. I just bought one, plugged it in, and can't get any sim to receive it's inputs. When I replicate the steps to "Rollback Driver" it is grayed out.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Someone has said to read the description in the video because it gives another method that works for some.

Also https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... ount=54967

wholikescheese

Post by wholikescheese »

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but when I rollback the driver it goes from "Frsky Taranis Joystick" to "Better USB HS" I can't go any further back.

I just got the transmitter, so I wouldn't have the previous driver on my computer I guess. Anyone have it to download?

Windows 10
Companion 2.3.4
Open TX 2.3.4
taranis x9d plus se 2019
driver 6.1.7600.16385 rolls back to 1.2.6.0

Neither work in the sim.

Thanks!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If in the device manager you say "update driver", "Browse computer", "choose from a list" you should have another choice for a HID driver, select it and it should work.
wholikescheese

Post by wholikescheese »

Kilrah wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:57 pm If in the device manager you say "update driver", "Browse computer", "choose from a list" you should have another choice for a HID driver, select it and it should work.

And just like that, success! Thank You Sir!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”