Telemetry settings

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
mentero

Telemetry settings

Post by mentero »

Hi,

this thread is a continuation of a discussion in the Lemon Telemetry thread, since it is not Lemon related. I think.

I have been trying to nail the problem that I find with eepskye (Version 423, Aug 14 2018) that refuses to show telemetry protocols other then Frsky Auto or WingShadow How High.

No need to turn the radio on, what I have done is: erase all the eepe directory, reinstall from er9x, and overwrite the file eepskye.exe with the new one. All good and fine.

Create a new file, and a new MODEL1 with the four channel template. On the telemetry screen, if I choose FrSky Auto or WS How High, the model is saved and reopen with the correct values. Any other value from the comboBox will not be saved.
All the other telemetry settings are saved with the right values, only the protocol fails.

This has been reproduced on two different computers running W7 and W8.

On the version of eepskye on github, (I don't think it is the most recent), in the definition of the structure ModelData, the variable
uint8_t FrSkyUsrProto:1 ; // Protocol in FrSky User Data, 0=FrSky Hub, 1=WS HowHigh
Is defined as 1 bit deep.

I do not have the tooltrain for compiling eepskye, so I cannot verify but, can that be the problem?

Or am I doing (again) some stupid mistake somewhere ?.

Thanks for your help
Miguel
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Telemetry settings

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version of eepskye that should fix that problem.
When you mentioned "protocol" before I was looking at the module protocol, not the telemetry protocol!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
mentero

Post by mentero »

Telemetry protocol is now stored and displayed, thank you Mike.

It is only now that I discover that Vario audio "Base Frequency", "Offset Frequency" and "Volume", are not being downloaded (and/or) displayed by eepsky, thats shows 0,0,Volume independent of the values entered on the radio. Sorry I didn't check that before the new release.

Unrelated with eepskye, and back to the radio DSMx telemetry, if the Vario volume refers to the Vario beeps, it does not seem to have any effect.

Also, Vario beeps are heard at regular intervals if the vario switch is turned on, even if no telemetry is being received. (receiver turned off and zeroes blinking on the radio display)

Miguel

P.S. I have not checked anything related with cell scaling since I do not even know what it is.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, new test version of eepskye posted that fixes the vario data downloading.
The Vario volume setting only works if you are using "Software Volume". It is quite difficult to change the hardware volume control just before the vario tone and change it back just after.

I'll look into vario beeps on the radio when no (vario) telemetry.

Cell scaling is for use if you have a battery sensor that provides individual cell voltages (e.g. FrSky FLVSS).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
mentero

Post by mentero »

Thanks again,

It looks like the number of users of "non Frsky" telemetry with ersky9x is not very large.

Miguel

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not necessarily.
1. Most telemetry is auto-selected, e.g. if you use a DSM protocol, then DSM telemetry is automatically processed.
2. The telemetry type chosen on the radio was preserved in eepskye, just not edited properly. There is a value "telemetryProtocol" in the model data where the selection is actually stored. The "FrSkyUsrProto", while still used, is not edited directly on the radio, eepskye was changing it incorrectly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

@mentero
I don't understand what you mean :(
Ersky9x as far as I know has the best non frsky support. :o

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think it is just the "UsrProto" telemetry field wasn't editing properly in eepskye, so he assumed the value wasn't being used much. It was editable on the radio, and the setting was preserved in eepskye.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
mentero

Post by mentero »

Hi guys,

don't get me wrong.
Please note that I am new to telemetry, and I was just surprised that nobody had raised the issue with the Vspd units, that where displayed as Vspd/10. That also made vario beeps quite strange, unless a scaler (Vspdx10) was used.
That is solved now. Thanks again.

In relation with ersky9x, I am a great fan, I love the software and the support.
And I spread the word at the local club, with a certain success. :lol:

True that sometimes I dream of a complete set of instructions. Or at least a wiki :roll:

Happy flights
Miguel
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There is some work on a manual in progress!
We just don't know how long it will take.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I really need to go back to the other manual. The video manual. I know I have been saying this for quite long now, but I need to get some stuff out of the way first. :(
And when that happens, I am sure I wil have lots of questions, if that is ok with you Mike..
The problem is that I don't use frsky X equipment apart from some DIY receivers. I also do not use original sensors as I build my own (oXs project). But I believe the configurations will be the same.
I also do not use any other gear like DSM equipment, or any other, so I would need help with them. Can't make a video of something I don't have :)

João
João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “eepSKYe”