trainer question

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Malcurin

trainer question

Post by Malcurin »

Can someone with a 9x mode 2 be a slave tx with a 9x mode 1 tx? I have a friend who fly's mode 2 heli's and want to give him a go on a plane but I'm Mode 1 and he is Mode 2
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )

dvogonen

Re: trainer question

Post by dvogonen »

If you are using the original FW: I do not know. Quite possibly not. Upgrade the master or the slave.

If you are using E9x or Open9x: Sure you can.
The input from to the master will be the first four output channels from the slave. Which control that is used for each of these channels is freely set up in the model setup for the slave tx. The same goes for the master; which of the four input channesl that is used for which control is selectable. This is done in the general configuration of the transmitter. The same setup is used for all models in the master.
Basically; as long as you match Rudder, Aileron, Elevon and Throttel to the first four channels, you are good to go. Mode 1 or 2 does not matter.

I just went through the process of setting up a master slave wijth two 9xes. Ther are some pitfalls:
In Open9x; Do NOT select PPM 4CH as protocol in the slave. I did that since I thought it might be a good idea since only four channels are used. It is not a good idea. The master TX will not understand the input. It took me a while to figure that one out. The default is PPM 8CH, which works fine.
In Open9x; A function switch must be set up for each model that is to accept trainer input from a slave. The most obvious thing is to bind the physical TRN switch as TRAINER. By throwing the TRN switch, control is handed over to the slave. A neat feature is that it is possible to control exactly which channels are handed over. I use this to hand over all control except for the throttle, which I keep controlled by the master. This is a really, really good idea for beginners.
In ER9x; You have to turn on TRAINER in the model setup for the model that is being used, or the signals are ignored.
In both: It is a good idea to calibrate the input from the slave in the master configuration. Not all 9xes are alike.
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

sorry yes its er9x latest version, :) and sweet thanks for that information good to know
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

Also as i am going over on Thursday to do this, is there anything i have to set up on the trainer switch to have it work? or will it automatically work on my transmitter as the master ?
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”