Kilrah wrote:Your hardware might have a problem causing the PC's TX signal never to arrive to the module's processor. Don't know what else could cause that. Better check all solder joints and connectors.
I have the problem same as Highjack's. Checked the hardware, I am sure the solder joints and connectors are correct. Anyone can give me the help? Thanks.
Highjack wrote:Hi every one,
I just bought orangerx TX and RX, I'm struggling to configure them with the configurator...
Here is what I did:
And I always get the following error messages when trying to connect:
- First I had no ftdi so I use USBASP to upload the latest firmware to tx & rx, I think that worked, I had to re-pair them after the update and everything seems to work
- Then I bought a FTDI (http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/28140374863 ... 1497.l2649)
- FTDI drivers are installed, com port is ok
- I set the FTDI to output 3.3 V
- I connect VCC to 3.3, ground to ground, dtr to reset, rx to tx, tx to rx (pinout based on this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 780X24.jpg)
[tab=30]10:01:11 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 1
[tab=30]10:01:22 -- Start message not received within 10 seconds, disconnecting
[tab=30]10:01:22 -- Serial port successfully closed
And those messages when trying to update firmware:
[tab=30]10:02:27 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 3
[tab=30]10:02:31 -- Connection to the module failed
[tab=30]10:02:31 -- Serial port successfully closed
help would be appreciated, what am I doing wrong ?