logic switch use?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
dandiy

logic switch use?

Post by dandiy »

Hi
I am new to the Tranis and find it very good but like a lot of other users I am having trouble with Logic switch ,or rather understanding it
I fly in Esoaring comps (very similar to ALES) and it would be very helpful for me to be able to run a 30 second countdown timer AND a 10 minuet timer from my motor switch(SG)
The 30 second one to stop when the motor is switched off using switch SG and the 10 minuet one to continue to run
I feel sure this is possible most likely using a logic switch so I would be very grateful for help and suggestions please
Thanks

davx

Re: logic switch use?

Post by davx »

Hi,

You can try the eepe I've joined.

Bye.
Attachments
Esoaring.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
dandiy

Post by dandiy »

Hi Davx
Thanks for that ,unfortunately it does not do the job.The 30 second timer runs fine from the SG switch but the 10 minuet timer does not start,would it be better if another physical switch was involved?
Many Thanks
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

There is a new article out on opentx covering logical switches.

Might have a look ... http://open-txu.org/logical-switch-functions/
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,
dandiy wrote:unfortunately it does not do the job.The 30 second timer runs fine from the SG switch but the 10 minuet timer does not start,would it be better if another physical switch was involved?
As I've set this, the 10min timer starts when you put SG up after having put it down to start the motor and the 30s timer.

Could you explain how you're using SG switch to control your motor ? And do you run the motor multiple times in one flight ?

Bye.

dandiy

Post by dandiy »

Hi Davx
I have to admit that I changed the switch position in your eepe.i use SG forward or down to start the motor and the 30sec timer SG back or up turn off the motor and resets the timer to 0
The esoaring rules only allow one motor run of upto 30 seconds within a 10 min flight.
So if I set the switch direction and use say switch SD to reset both timers to zero the the 10 min timer will start 30 seconds after the motor has been turned on. if that is the case then I think that may do the job
fridge

Post by fridge »

If you use a 30 second countdown as a wave file and "play track" when the motor starts, it would free up a timer which could to do the slot time
I edited a one minute count dowm MP3 and coverted it to wave file, or you could record your own
Phil
davx

Post by davx »

@dandiy,

Ok, another attempt :)

In the eepe joined:
- SG↑ => motor (CH1) -100% (off), timer 1 off, timer 2 off
- SG- => motor (CH1) -100% (off), timer 1 off, timer 2 off
- SG↓ => motor (CH1) 100% (on), timer 1 on, timer 2 on
Now, if you go back to SG- => motor (CH1) -100% (off), timer 1 off, timer 2 on (doesn't stop)
And then to SG↑ => motor (CH1) -100% (off), timer 1 off, timer 2 off
You can see how much motor time left and the flight time.
To reset both timers to their initial values, use SH↓.

Bye.
Attachments
Esoaring2.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
dandiy

Post by dandiy »

Hi davx
Thanks for that works fine :D
I have modified it a little to my personal choice
Logic switch line 1 now reads "sticky" switch SG(FORWARD) Switch SF (BACK),This means I can move switch SF any time during the first 30 seconds
Thanks again for you very knowledgeable help
Now if I can just find a way to have the motor to take about 20 seconds to wind down after the off switch is activated that would be good :?: :?: :?:
Thanks again

Return to “openTx”