Backlight

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
jimbo385

Backlight

Post by jimbo385 »

Ok, so I have set my SH momentary switch to Backlight.

When I pull the switch, the backlight switches on. However, when I release the switch, the backlight goes out!

Is there a fix that will turn on the light for the amount of time stated on the set-up screen?

Cheers.

Kilrah

Re: Backlight

Post by Kilrah »

No, unless you "program" it yourself using the varios ressources at hand (Logical switches for example).
Or you use "Controls" as the backlight mode in settings, and it will thus turn on when you move any switch or stick.
jimbo385

Post by jimbo385 »

Rats!

Was hoping that I could set the Backlight to "Keys" and then have the switch to turn it on for the 10 s or so!

How could I do it using other variables?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Keys I think is really the keys around the screen.. but just try it to confirm. I have mine always on and never really bothered trying.

Using other variables... depends on the firmware version you're using, many ways to do it.
jimbo385

Post by jimbo385 »

Yes, Keys are just for the buttons around the screen. Controls is for all of the controls but in truth, it will eat into battery life!

I'd like to see a combination on keys and possibly switch so when you want the backlight, you can toggle the switch. That will be best of both worlds.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Which battery do you have? With the 800mAh you'll probably run an hour or 2 more than the about 6 hours you get with backlight always on. With the 2000mAh battery I wouldn't see why bother.
WolfDog

Post by WolfDog »

Taranis Tx with V2.0.12
I find outside I don't need the backlight. With it on there's barely any change anyway. It's inside where you need it most, so I use a switch to turn mine ON/OFF.
I use the Right Slider. ( L1 a<x RS -80 ) ( SF1 L1 Backlight )
One thing to note is in "General Settings" you must NOT have the Backlight Switch set to ON.
If it is, the backlight will always be ON, and your switch won't turn it OFF.
Unfortunately this has the result of the backlight being OFF while the Splash Screen and any Switch Warnings are shown. The Taranis has to finish booting up before the switch will work.
Minor issue, but if the backlight could be ON from the start, and then change with your switch selection, it would be better.
May submit an enhancement request once 2.1 is released, and the devs are a little less busy.
Jim
jimbo385

Post by jimbo385 »

Cheers.

For now I've decided to leave it alone!

Return to “openTx”