Blade 300X with Turnigy 9XR (OpenTX)

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
DutchRC

Blade 300X with Turnigy 9XR (OpenTX)

Post by DutchRC »

Hello people :)

I have been flying RC planes for about 6 years.. Some multicopter experiance.. And have flown smaller 4CH heli's..

Now.. I have bought me a Blade 300X which seemed to me to be a nice next-step in heli flying.. To control this craft, I have a Turnigy 9XR with OpenTX firmware..

First thing I did was to remove the blades.. Then went on to (try) to configure the model in my TX.. Now, there is a heli profile in the OpenTX firmware, and I THOUGHT that might be a good start-off..

But.. I can't make heads or tails of things.. There are 3 mixes on CH.5 with 3 throttle curves.. This was as I had expected.. There are 3 other mixes on CH.11 however, that allso change the throttle :O huh??
Result is a 100% throttle in normal mode...

It gets stranger (to me).. If I apply elevator up... The motor spools up! :O What the.... ?!?!

So ehm.. I am a bit clueless at the moment.. Should I not have used the heli profile, and started from a blanc canvas?
It would really be helpfull if some over here has the same TX and heli combo..
It would at least be nice to know what channel should do what...

Thanks in advance!

Greatings
Roeland

Kilrah

Re: Blade 300X with Turnigy 9XR (OpenTX)

Post by Kilrah »

DutchRC wrote: It gets stranger (to me).. If I apply elevator up... The motor spools up! :O What the.... ?!?!
You might have stick mode set wrong in the radio preferences, so that the Thr source actually responds to the elevator stick.

The curves on CH11 are the pitch curves. They change WITH the throttle stick, which is what you'd expect.
DutchRC

Post by DutchRC »

Thank you for the reply!
Okee.. but CH11 for the curves? I don't have a clue which channel should do what at the moment :(
I can't find the channel mapping for the AR7200BX anywhere regretably.. If I'd have that, I could set it up easily in the TX..
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The template you used is for non-FBL helis, CH11 is selected on the HELI page as collective input to the CCPM mixer. Any channel can be used in this case, the choice of CH11 is arbitrary as it's only used internally as a "virtual" channel. For an FBL heli you won't use the CCPM mixer at all.

Spektrum do not consider using their products with 3rd party equipment, so info they give is quite scarce indeed. Channel order for main controls is TAER, now for helis it seems CH5 might be tail gyro gain, pitch might be CH6 but it would be best to check the manual of a Spektrum radio to confirm.

Return to “tgy9xr”