just wondering

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
storm4710

just wondering

Post by storm4710 »

Hey guys
i plan to get myself a 9XR Pro with a Frsky XJT module+a extra centering gimbal(and flash it with OpenTX)
i am just wondering about a couple of things
in OpenTX am i able to disable "throttle down" on startup? (hopefully)
am i able to change the pots to 3 position switches? (hopefully)
am i able to change the 2 position switches to 3 position swithes? (probably not likely)
does anybody know where to get the plug (for the module) that fits the internal antenna plug?

Regards
Storm4710

Kilrah

Re: just wondering

Post by Kilrah »

storm4710 wrote: in OpenTX am i able to disable "throttle down" on startup? (hopefully)
Of course
storm4710 wrote:am i able to change the pots to 3 position switches? (hopefully)
Yes, need 2 resistors to bias the middle position. There's a thread about it somewhere.
storm4710 wrote:am i able to change the 2 position switches to 3 position swithes? (probably not likely)
No.

How many 3-position switches do you need? Might be better off just getting a Taranis with all 6 of them it has. It will pretty much cost you the same once you've factored in the module and battery, and will be plug and play.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I know you asked about openTX but as this is the 9XR Pro thread I decided to also comment so people don't think that the Pro with the original firmware isn't able to do stuff ;)
So the pro with ersky9x:
storm4710 wrote:
in OpenTX am i able to disable "throttle down" on startup? (hopefully)
Yes, definitely, and in ersky9x too..
am i able to change the pots to 3 position switches? (hopefully)
Yes, the same way as explained on the post above.
am i able to change the 2 position switches to 3 position switches? (probably not likely)
Yes you are, with ersky9x. You can replace a maximum of 4 two way switches with 3 way switches. Have a look here.

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=5659

As you can see on the diagram, you can also install a 6 position switch, rotary encoder, bluetooth module, etc.
ersky9x supports all that.

Now, if you really really really want openTX, better get the taranis ;)
But just that you guys know, there is also ersky9x for taranis.. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm also curious as to why you are choosing to change to openTx (immediately apparantly). The firmware shipped is ersky9x, and has not been modified in any way by HK.

Mike.

Edit: Also, what do you wish to use with the internal antenna?
You also mention an "extra centering gimbal". Is this so you have three, dual axis gimbals available? It seems you are looking to do something very custom with this. Perhaps you could provide more details.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

MikeB wrote:I'm also curious as to why you are choosing to change to openTx (immediately apparantly). The firmware shipped is ersky9x, and has not been modified in any way by HK.
I would think this is not a question of firmware functionality - but marketing. I would hazard a guess that's a result of the success of Taranis.

For years - er9x was always the chosen option. Now seems to be opentx. No doubt in the future some other firmware called uberTXBestEverWhatever will be the favoured one :-)

:mrgreen:
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

storm4710

Post by storm4710 »

thx guys
reason for OpenTX is because my brother swears by it
but if Ersky9X works good then i will use it

MikeB
internal antenna
FrSky XJT module
because i sometimes lay my TX on rocks and stuff (when out with one of my crawlers) less likely to brake

Gimbals
so that both sticks are centered
because i use the same radio for my rc offroader as my planes
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Note that with the Taranis you don't need to buy an extra gimbal, just to set/unset the centering screw.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

At around $5 the gimbal it's even worth it to buy some spares ;) :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”