Audio choking out

monton

Audio choking out

Post by monton »

This was something that I had experienced when I first got my radio this spring. Things are working well then in mid sentence the voice in the box would give a digital sounding croak and never return. The only solution was to cycle power on the transmitter.

Upon purchase I was flashed to r9.... and much to my excitement after flashing into 2.0 the voice choke was resolved.

I've gone through versions 2.0 , .1 , .2..... and now at version 2.06 this voice croak has come back.

I have a taranis radio revB .... has anyone else experienced this ?

monton

Re: Audio choking out

Post by monton »

A lot of looks but no reply ?

I'm also seeing this vary same issue using version 2.06 & 2.07.

I did not see this issue in versions 2.0 through 2.05.

Anything? ... do i just flash back version 2.05 and go away?
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

i have found this happening on a 9X fitted with an Emartee sound board. Yet to find it happening on my other 9X kitted out with a Megasound card.. Sadly I have not got a Taranis to go further.
monton

Post by monton »

Ah good.. Then is isn't an isolated case.

This happened again out in the field today. Once before I had even launched and was able to reset. That second time was in flight and changing a flight mode switch.

Audio prompts was the primary selling point for me buying this radio. I fly park jets and you don't have a moment anywhere to look down and read a screen. I like the read value, switch change and count down features.

What makes this worse is that even the basic beeps are gone above and beyond sound files.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Have you tried another SD Card? Or even format the one in the tx? Of course save all your files before..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

monton

Post by monton »

Yes.. And yes.

Formatting the support files partition fixed a bunch of stuff otherwise... primarily access read write stuff. A full format took about 2 hours too.. Sheesh.

Did the same thing to a known good card in looking for anything now trying to isolate it.

Everything points back to what version of flash I am running and to why a call out to you good folks.
deaconFlyer

Post by deaconFlyer »

Swapped out the SD card for another one ... Problem disappeared and has not returned.

I tried formatting the card, but to no avail. That said, not all cards are the same. Tiny things like transfer rates etc. are different from card to card.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

or maybe that one is just not good anymore.. But good that you sorted it.. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
monton

Post by monton »

Trust me... It's not the sd card.

I can find companion 2.05 but where can I find the flash? The only download I can find is the current version 2.07.

I'm going to flash back a couple of versions to omit the missing audio issues and see if anything else will become of this. The impression is... little concern on this being an issue.
monton

Post by monton »

One more discovery.

I'm using frsky x8r's on my park jets and an sbuss lipo battery sensor. CELLS is no longer reporting in the telemetry screen. I'm not getting anything in that field to display... where did that go? This just cropped up in version 2.07. It had been working without flaw up till now.

help??
monton

Post by monton »

In fact.. Smart buss is no longer there as an option in the telemetry setup.

Is this not going to be honored anymore?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Telemetry is on Smart Port. SBus is a servo control output. (Just trying to avoid confusion).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Do you see the cell voltages listed on the "power" telemetry screen?
monton

Post by monton »

Huh... Now today it works. I did not change a thing anywhere, simply plugged up and bind. Yesterday it failed on all models and today it's working on all models.

Frustrating isn't it?

This also seemed to fail around the same time my audio was having its issue.

I would really hate to have to buy a third sd card to prove a point but.... Stranger things have happened ?
monton

Post by monton »

I guess I should let you know and really should follow up on this thread anyway.

I've been laying wait so I could say it still didn't work but I've failed so far. I bought a brand new sd card. . performed full format and it hasn't failed once.

You were right. .. I had 2 bad sd cards.

Mystery solved and thank you for your input.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”