Feedback on the SW releases Open tx and Companion 2.0.7

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Richard

Feedback on the SW releases Open tx and Companion 2.0.7

Post by Richard »

Companion 2.0.7
In the comparative table, the limits are not shown in %.
In the mixers table, Curves are not shown in the right side model.

Also, when I upload the model from the transmitter, I can see the X trim on channel 1 (Ail) as it was on the tx in the simulate tx, however I cannot see anywhere in the model edit the value of that trim. I do not know if that is normal, but I guess there is some “disconnection” somewhere. I thought the trim position should be shown as offset isn't?

Taranis 2.0.7
Well, I have to set a warning to all users. After I downloaded the newest TX version 2.0.7. (my previous one was 1.1.02) I had a crash. The aileron control failed to respond. I do not believe in coincidences, and therefore I suggest to all to be extremely careful. I am to be blamed for the lost, because I heard some unusual noise from the aileron servo, but as I did fly the plane many times, I did not give the proper attention to that. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had downloaded a new soft to the transmitter and should not be so confident. The plane dove into a pond, and therefore I was not able to recover anything, and try to make some additional test on the link (that I should have done before, of course).

My receiver was a X6R.
Richard

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on the SW releases Open tx and Companion 2.0.7

Post by Rob Thomson »

Lol. I don't think the radio would make a strange noise occur on the servo.

Me thinks this is not the firmware - but servo failure.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Re: Re : Feedback on the SW releases Open tx and Companion 2

Post by Kilrah »

Richard wrote:Companion 2.0.7
Don't understand what you mean by either of those.
Richard wrote: Also, when I upload the model from the transmitter, I can see the X trim on channel 1 (Ail) as it was on the tx in the simulate tx, however I cannot see anywhere in the model edit the value of that trim.
Trim values can be seen on the flight mode tabs.
Richard wrote: The aileron control failed to respond.
Sounds like either your servo failed or you configured something wrong - to investigate the latter you should post your settings file.

Sent via mobile
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy

Companion V2.07 Kurves are correct, Table is X Y
mixer kurves are correct, lots of time tested and flights are ok.

update from Frsyk 1.1.02 to opentx 2.07 !
you have to check and correct the models!

Helle
Attachments
Auswahl_293.png
Richard

Re: Re : Feedback on the SW releases Open tx and Companion 2

Post by Richard »

Kilrah wrote:
Richard wrote:Companion 2.0.7
Don't understand what you mean by either of those.
The limits table shows 1000 instead of 100, which it should be the limit %. 1000 has not meaning.
When you compare to similar models, in which both have a given channel to which you assigned a custom curve, the right side model does not show the curve. (Compare models HK RF G5 R7 and R8 inthe attached config)
Kilrah wrote:
Richard wrote: Also, when I upload the model from the transmitter, I can see the X trim on channel 1 (Ail) as it was on the tx in the simulate tx, however I cannot see anywhere in the model edit the value of that trim.
Trim values can be seen on the flight mode tabs.
I see. Thank you.
Kilrah wrote:
Richard wrote: The aileron control failed to respond.
Sounds like either your servo failed or you configured something wrong - to investigate the latter you should post your settings file.
It would be a coincidence. Sorry I do not believe in coincidences. I am 90% this is a radio link problem. The other 10% may be sudden servo failure. (I consider a failing servo will hardly make any noise when it is in its not activated by a transmitter control). Although I check operation of all controls before the flight, I made two major mistakes: As a preventive verification I should have re-bind the receiver and also, I should have verified radio link distance in low power mode, as is always recommended.
Attachments
Taranis 07_17r2.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Last edited by Kilrah on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quotes
Richard

Richard

Post by Richard »

My problem started when I updated to 2.0.7, actually.
Helle wrote: you have to check and correct the models!

This is very important!!.
Do you mean that certain parameters in the eepe file could be changed as a result of the update?
Last edited by Kilrah on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quotes
Richard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes, you probably clicked OK a bit too quickly on the big warning message box that appeared the first time you launched companion 2.0.
2.0 is a big update that changes the way several fundamental things work, the automatic model data upgrade is only a "best effort". You need to thoroughly check all models still operate as intended and correct if not.

Understood the other issues, they are in the "compare models" screen. Wasn't obvious from the posting.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Kilrah wrote:Yes, you probably clicked OK a bit too quickly on the big warning message box that appeared the first time you launched companion 2.0.
2.0 is a big update that changes the way several fundamental things work, the automatic model data upgrade is only a "best effort". You need to thoroughly check all models still operate as intended and correct if not.

Understood the other issues, they are in the "compare models" screen. Wasn't obvious from the posting.
No doubt I clicked OK too quickly. Actually, I had the model copied to run in the flight simulator, and that is showing me problems also. However, I was not able to find why. All settings seems to be OK. I will delete the model and start all over again, and see what happens.
Thank you for your response.
Richard

Return to “Feedback”