learning to pgm switches - having a tough time "getting" it

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
SteveInNJ

learning to pgm switches - having a tough time "getting" it

Post by SteveInNJ »

I am setting up my first quad. I am using a Naza M v2, my radio is a Turnigy 9x and am using er9x software in it.

I am having a really tough time grasping the concept of "weight", etc, when setting up switches. I have tried various suggestions (from youtube of course) for the settings for my 3-position switch (ID 0,1,2) for manual, atti, and GPS - none have worked. I am also attempting to set up failsafe on another switch (GEAR) on the same channel - ch5, into the "U" port. After the values from those videos failed I started to experiment. When I attempt to edit the values for each position, using the Naza Assistant application as a guide (watching the dialog seen below) it seems that each setting throws off the others! I set a value (weight) for one switch, move on to the next, and then the first value becomes "wrong"!

Can someone PLEASE get me on the right track with all this? My build has come to a halt - ugh! Unfortunately the "manual" was not enough for me to get this concept to sink in.

SteveInNJ

Re: learning to pgm switches - having a tough time "getting"

Post by SteveInNJ »

OK, I managed to find settings http://kcrcw.blogspot.com/2013/02/dji-n ... -er9x.html that were close enough to allow me to tweak them a bit to land cleanly on each of the three flight modes. Here are the ch5 settings I settled on...
By the way the GEAR switch is for failsafe.

One bit that I am not clear on is why (as shown below) the mode shows as GPS in one place and ATTI in another - something to do with the GPS not being set up yet? This quad is not finished...seeing as the switch lands where it ought to, can I ignore the ATTI notice for now?

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”